Tuesday, June 14, 2016

Race Week!

I can NOT believe that it's race week. In just a few short days I'll be running my third marathon!! If you asked me yesterday how I was feeling, I would have told you that I was suffering anxiety attacks and was so tired. It was a bad day! Today, I'm feeling much more confident! On my six mile run this morning, I thought about all training I've put into this race, all the hard work, and tried to find some confidence.


Race outfit ready - all the colors!!
Reflecting back, I've ran over 900 miles during this training period in snow, freezing cold, sunshine, humidity, lots of rain and perfect spring days. I've ran happy, sad, angry, frustrated, sleepy and joyful. I've ran though doubts and insecurities. My body is trained and strong. I know the race is going to hurt, but I've trained my body to handle it. I'm going to make it to that finish line!

I do have goals, of course. I have A, B and C goals. But I'm choosing to keep those to myself right now. I'm not ready to share with everyone because if I "fail", I don't want to feel as if I disappointed anyone. No matter what happens, crossing that finish line will be a win in my book. I'm going to be happy and proud of myself. 


I will admit, tapering is HARD! Thank goodness with Hanson's Marathon Method I still run my normal days, just less miles. Today I ran an Oreo run - 2 miles easy, 2 miles at goal marathon pace, 2 miles easy - just to remind myself that I can run my goal pace! Honestly, I feel lazy and fat not running ALL THE MILES! Taper madness going on here!

So, I've debated on talking about this, but I feel compelled to mention it. What happened in Orlando is heartbreaking to me. I'm at a loss for words to describe how I truly feel. I'll share here what I shared with my family and friends on Facebook: my hope is that regardless of your stance on faith, religion, the LGBT community, or gun control, that you understand this was an act of hatred. That these acts of hate need to stop. And that we have to be the change in this world. Hate can not drive out hate; only love can do that. No one should be afraid to live their lives, to love who they want to love, to walk down the streets holding hands of the person they love. We need more acceptance and more love in this world, less judgement and less hate; love has to win.

I want to be the change in this world. I haven't figured out HOW I can help yet, but I will. My voice will be heard. I will fight for love.



Until next time~

2 comments:

  1. I love this! It's not hard to be a nice person. And you would NEVER let us down! You do you girl. We are all so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe I'm more nervous about putting my goals out there and having to admit I failed to everyone!

      Delete