Monday, December 2, 2013

MIMM: Thanksgiving and Birthday Weekend!

So I took a week off from blogging. I'm sorry! I wrote a couple of week's ago that I was in a crazy funk and it just got worse, I wasn't sleeping and I figured I shouldn't blog when I was in a place like that. However, I think I've gotten through the worst of it and am feeling much happier! I took the afternoon off work today and I think that, along with sleeping through the night last night, really helped. I felt happy today and even put up some Christmas decorations! My tree looks so pretty!!

Obviously last Thursday was Thanksgiving. I started the day off with the Turkey Trot in Minneapolis. It was so much fun!! I didn't run at a super fast pace. Actually I was supposed to run with my friends, but I lost them in the crowd of other runners! I just kept a pace that felt comfortable and enjoyed the run!




I then headed up to my parents' house for dinner (yum - turkey!!). It was a good day. I do have to say my favorite part of the meal was the peanut butter pie I made for dessert. It was heavenly!! I could eat that every day. I'm such a peanut butter addict!! I used this recipe except I used a graham cracker crust because I'm not a huge pretzel fan.

Thanksgiving was also the start of the Runner's World Holiday Streak. I did lots of running over the weekend. Turkey Trot on Thursday, 4 miles on Friday, 5 on Saturday and 6.3 on Sunday. Friday and Saturday were different since I was at my parents' and they live in the middle of nowhere on a dirt road. Dirt roads feel different than my usual paved trails! But it was fun with a nice change of scenery. Today I only did one mile since my body needs a rest day. I actually started the running streak early since I haven't had a day off since two Saturdays ago! Lots of running last week!! And I wonder why I'm so tired and worn out??! Ugh... my pace is so slow lately!!





My birthday was on Saturday and it was a quiet day spent with my family. I kicked the day off with a five mile run. I chose running over birthday pancakes! My mom, grandma and I went to see Frozen that day. Great movie and I highly recommend it! My mom made one of my favorite meals for dinner, chicken enchiladas, and my grandpa came over for cake and ice cream. The awesome necklace in the photo above is what my lovely parents got me for my birthday present!

That was my weekend. Lots of running, eating (wish I still had some of that peanut butter pie!!) and spending quality time with my family. It's all I needed! Now onto the rest of the week! It's going to be cold and snowy, but I WILL get my runs in for the holiday streak. No skipping out for me!! 

I hope you all had a wonderful Thanksgiving! Anyone else participating in the Holiday Streak?

Linking up for Marvelous in My Monday!! 



Until next time~

5 comments:

  1. It's really the simple things that can make a birthday great. Mine usually include running and family…and cake of course! Happy Birthday to you!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Cake is always important for a birthday!!

      Delete
  2. You are adorable and I love your blog (and the pants you wore to Turkey Trot)! Nice job on your race! It sounds like you had a fantastic weekend. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! The pants are actually for the girls' department at Target. Good thing about being small! They're so much cheaper than the women's ones!

      Delete
  3. Great post and awesome job at the Turkey Trot. I LOVE your pants...I am going to have to look and see if I can find them at my local Target!

    ReplyDelete