Thursday, December 26, 2013

Merry {Day After} Christmas

I hope everyone had a merry Christmas! My Christmas ended up being extremely quiet, but still wonderful.

Christmas Eve started out with an easy 6.25 mile run on the treadmill at the gym. Needed to get in a good run before any Christmas goodies! Plus, I needed to keep the Runner's World Holiday Streak alive! After my run, I showered, got ready, packed up the car and headed up to my parents' house.

The moment I walked into the house I was told my dad had the flu. Every instinct in me wanted to turn around and go back home! I take every precautionary measure to not get sick on a daily basis and being around someone who had the flu sounded horrible!! But, my dad stayed upstairs most of the time (poor Dad!) so my mom and I could enjoy Christmas Eve together. We ate delicious crab legs and a salad for dinner, took silly pictures on the puppies and just got caught up on life, then watched a cheesy Christmas movie. It was a great night!


On Christmas Day my dad woke up feeling a little bit better so he could enjoy the festivities a little bit. I got in a quick mile and a half run on my parent's rickety treadmill (works great for walking, a little shaky for running!) to keep the streak alive, then my brother showed up and it was present opening time!


Honestly, I had asked for very little this Christmas, and everything had a running theme! I wanted needed new shoes, a Garmin and protein bars instead of candy. Well, I got everything I wished!! I got my shoes a few days earlier - I decided to go with the Mizuno Wave Riders since everyone raves about them - and my parents got me a Garmin. Yes!! My mom also did a great job of putting together a bag of protein bars to try, homemade almond butter and some peanut butter - perfect gifts for me! It was definitely a runner's Christmas for me!



The rest of the day was spent visiting with my family, eating a delicious ham dinner, playing with the dogs in the snow and, of course, eating Christmas treats. Overall it was a wonderful Christmas with my family!!


Until next time~

6 comments:

  1. Congrats on your new running gear! It sounds like you had a very merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I hope you had a great Christmas as well!

      Delete
  2. So glad I found your blog. I got that same Garmin for my birthday last year and I love it, I think you will too! Sounds like you had a great Christmas Eve with your momma! We did something similar with my parents ( church, crablegs, and a movie)! Hope your dad is feeling better!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were going to go to church, but it was snowing quite a bit and my mom and I didn't feel like driving in it! Glad you had a good Christmas!

      Delete
  3. It sounds like you guys had such a wonderful day and that your dad was feeling a bit better! Your new shoes are so pretty and that new Garmin is going to be one of your BFFs. I love mine so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've used the Garmin twice and I LOVE it!! So much easier than using running apps, and more accurate! Hope you had a merry Christmas!!

      Delete