Monday, November 11, 2013

MIMM: Time with My Family

Happy Monday! I just checked the weather and it's a balmy 23 degrees outside, and the weather app says it feels like 6 degrees. Wow. That's cold! I will be sticking to a gym workout today; I'm such a wimp when it comes to running in freezing cold and windy weather!

Since it's Monday, I thought I would like up with Healthy Diva Life for Marvelous in My Monday. What a great way to start this week!


Marvelous is definitely spending time with my family this weekend. It was hunting season opener in Minnesota this past weekend, and although I'm not a hunter, my dad and brother are so my mom asked me to come home for the weekend to spend time with everyone. I, of course, said yes since it had been awhile since I'd been up there with my half marathon training. It was so refreshing and relaxing to spend time with my parents, my brother and nephew, and to see my grandma and my grandpa. We visited, got caught up in each other's lives, made some delicious food and just relaxed.

My mom and I went into the local craft fair they had at the high school. We didn't buy anything, but I really wish I would have bought a turkey hat for the upcoming Turkey Trot. I need to find them again! I found these ones on Etsy, but I need to find ones a little less expensive!


Marvelous is also my new workout tank my mom bought me as a present for finishing my first half marathon. I feel so loved!


Yesterday I got out for a run, which is definitely marvelous after having to take some time off of running. I didn't go super far or fast, but I got to run! The weather was perfect yesterday afternoon for running (unlike today!) and I felt so happy running. Although I did feel some twinges in my ankle, it didn't bother me too much. We won't talk about how my ankle feels this morning though ....

How was your weekend? I hope it was marvelous, too!

Until next time~

1 comment:

  1. I've never seen that 1/2 marathon tank before. I love it though!! Sorry to hear about your ankle. Have you thought about getting it checked out? Better safe than sorry :) :)

    ReplyDelete