Friday, November 15, 2013

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday! This week has been just one of those weeks. I've been feeling a little down, frustrated with myself and, not unhappy, but unhappy with myself, my body, etc. Does that make sense? It's just a funk, a mood, I know that and it will pass. But I know some good things must have happened so let's see what I can find for my Friday Favorites!

One:
My new favorite coffee is this Starbucks Thanksgiving Blend. It's so yummy - dark roast with a hint of spices. It really is Thanksgiving in a cup! Someone posted a photo of it on Instagram a few weeks ago talking about how awesome it was, so I had to pick it up when I made it to a Starbucks. I should probably buy another one soon before they run out!



Two:
Speaking of coffee, how cute are the holiday cups at Caribou Coffee? I stopped there on Friday as I headed up to my parents for a little coffee treat to drink along the way and these holiday cups are incredibly cute!



Three:
I made my own homemade peanut butter this week. It's delicious!! I've never made homemade peanut butter before, but felt the urge to try it. I just used unsalted dry roasted peanuts, sea salt, a small amount of pure honey, vanilla extract and cinnamon. Yum! I can't taste the vanilla; I figured next time I'd try vanilla beans or vanilla bean paste for a vanilla peanut butter.



Four:
I finally ordered my half marathon sticker for my car. Yup, I'm one of those "annoying" runners who will have an oval sticker on the back of their car now. And guess what? I don't care! I'm proud of what I did, and I don't think it's bragging. I think it's just showing off my interests and lifestyle; showing that I'm a part of the running club of the world. Can't wait for it to come!



Five:
Last year for Christmas, my parents bought me a gorgeous white wool winter coat. I love it, but it's not exactly convenient for walking Mercedes, to wear as an extra layer for a run or casual errands. I had been wearing an old coat that I had, but by now it's HUGE on me. I figured it was probably time to find a new coat and I settled on this North Face. I had no plans of buying a North Face, but it was so cozy when I tried it on I couldn't resist. Plus, it's pink! I'm hoping it was a good choice!



Those are a few of my favorites from this past week. Hope you all had a wonderful week and can find things to be grateful for, even the small things!

It's been a quiet, uninspiring week so I only have one other post to check out:
MIMM: Time with My Family

Until next time~

10 comments:

  1. I have been wearing and loving my North Face for a few years now. It's a great coat for temperatures that are between freezing and just chilly. somehting ot keep you warm but not too hot. Hope you get out of your funk soon, you're right, they always pass :) Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you like your North Face! I thought it would be great as a layer for running, too. Plus, it's super cute!!

      Delete
  2. I had no idea you could get Thanksgiving blend in k cup form!! I'm definitely going to have to look for that. And that homemade peanut butter sounds AMAZING!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that the Thanksgiving Blend is in a k cup! It's such a pain using those refillable k cups. The peanut butter is so amazing! I had it on my banana today and it's so much better than the store bought!

      Delete
  3. I saw those K-Cups at Starbucks and was wondering how they would be. Now I want to try them!

    I also love making homemade peanut butter. It's been awhile, I'll have to bust out my food processor!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try the Thanksgiving Blend; I highly recommend it!

      Delete
  4. I am still addicted to the blonde roast at SBUX. I tried the Thanksgiving roast but still love my blonde. Impressed with your peanut butter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried the blonde roast. I tend to like the dark roasts better, which is why I knew I had to try the Thanksgiving Blend.

      Delete
  5. I found your blog through Clare's link up. I was super dorky about putting my 13.1 (and then 26.2) stickers on right after the race(s). They still make me smile when I see them!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay! Next year I plan on adding a 26.2 sticker, too!

      Delete