Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Count Your Blessings

Yes, I am one of those people who post what I'm thankful for during the month of November. I think it's great to count your blessings, remember what you're grateful for in your daily life, for a whole month. I think we lose sight of the good things sometimes and giving thanks is a great reminder that even through the tough days there is always something to be thankful for, even if it's something small.


However, lately I've noticed that there are posts all over social media poking fun of this practice or hating on it. People are annoyed by other people being thankful.


This saddens me. Why are we taking something so good and pure, and poking fun? Why do we need to turn something that's meant to be positive into something negative?

I think it's so important to be grateful. Yes, we should be grateful more than just during the month of November. And I think many people are. However, I do think that sometimes we need a month of thanksgiving and gratefulness to be reminded of all that's good. We get so wrapped up in the negative, in the daily struggles of life, that it's good to take a step back and think of the positives. 

I've done the month of thanks for a few years now. Last year I found it incredibly beneficial. It was my first holiday season as a widow and it was important to focus on the good things happening rather than the sadness of what could have been. 

So I'm going to continue on with my daily be thankful posts. I'm not going to apologize for them. I am thankful every day of the year for the life I live and to God for all that He has done for me, and for 30 days I want to acknowledge those things. I encourage others to do the same; count your blessings. And to those who find this to be annoying, I don't care. Block my posts from your newsfeed if you must. I think it's important to be thankful; to be reminded of the good things in our lives especially when we're struggling. Counting your blessings is such a rewarding and refreshing experience.


Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment