Sunday, October 6, 2013

Half Marathon Training: Week Three

Running has definitely become an integral part of my life. I feel like that's all I do right now! I'm either running or reading something about running so I can be ready for my upcoming half marathon. I want to be the best I can be at this race! I'm so happy with where I am in my training and how it's going. I never thought I could do this, but I just had to have faith!


Here's a recap of my training last week:
Sunday: 12 miles
Monday: Rest Day!!
Tuesday: 5.2 miles, planks, weights
Wednesday: 3.8 miles, ab work and planks + Pilates
Thursday: 4.4 miles elliptical workout, weights, squats and planks
Friday: 6 miles, squats and planks + Pilates
Saturday: 4.5 miles, squats, planks and weights

Total Miles: 31.5 running + 4.4 elliptical = 35.9 miles :)

It was a pretty good week! The previous week I did just a little over 32 total miles so I bumped up my mileage by just about four this week. I think that was a good amount. I didn't feel too tired or worn out with my mileage this week. I mean, I'm still tired, but not any more tired than before. Does that sentence even make sense??

Wednesday's run was super difficult for me. My right ankle hurt so bad I almost cried while running. Plus, I had a big headache and whatever I ate wasn't agreeing with me. I had five miles scheduled, but I could only manage 3.8. I was disappointed in myself, but I have to do what's right for my body so I stay injury free and can run the half marathon!

The rest of the week went pretty well. After Sunday, I was so sore. I don't think I stretched enough after or something. I had to take Advil, use a heating pad and go buy Icy Hot on Monday! But I survived and Tuesday's run actually went pretty well. I did take my miles a little slower this week because of my ankle. I'm hoping that will get better soon. I knew it wasn't going to be easy training for this!

So that's where I am. The big race is only three Saturdays away. I'm so excited! I'm hoping my training is where it needs to be for me to rock that race. I'm still enjoying it and I have to say some of my favorite runs are those long runs. Who would have thought?? 


Anyone else training for a half marathon? Does it seem like I'm on track?

Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment