Friday, October 18, 2013

Friday Things

Happy Friday! At first this week seemed to moving incredibly slow, then I woke up this morning and thought "it's already Friday?". Well apparently it is so let's make it a good Friday! I'm meeting a friend for a run this morning and am starting the day off perfectly!

Here are some of my favorite things from the week ....

One:
After feeling burnt out last week, this week's workouts/ runs have gone extremely well. Sunday's long run was difficult, but after a day of rest on Monday I was ready to get out and run again. I've cut back my miles a bit this week to start tapering for the half marathon which is one week from tomorrow!!! Eek!!


Two:
Last Friday I ended up having to bring Mercedes into the vet due to an extremely swollen paw. She was sent home with lots of medicine and a cone. She has never had to wear a cone before! I put it on her for the first couple of days when I went out for a run or errands, but otherwise left it off her thinking since I could see her, I would stop her from licking. Now she isn't wearing it at all. Sorry vet, but I'm not listening to you! She's not bothering her paw; I think it hurts her too much to lick. But she is doing better - she's eating and even playing a little again!


Three:
This week has been chilly and I see snow (hopefully just flurries!) is in the forecast already. To warm up, I tried a new soup recipe for dinner and it turned out pretty good. I made this Buffalo Chicken Chowder with a few changes - no potatoes or onions (or bread on the side!), cut the heavy cream in half, added more hot sauce and increased the amount of veggies. Perfect to warm me up on these chilly evenings!


Four:
I desperately want to go get my hair done. I haven't had it touched since January or something crazy like that! Of course that requires extra money - grrrr. This is the color I'm currently loving ....


Five:
Also currently loving this outfit. Which also requires extra money. Double grrr. 



I hope you all had a wonderful week! Thank you, Lauren, for hosting the High Five for Friday linkup!

Check out my other posts from this week:
Half Marathon Training: Week Four
Half Marathon Fears


Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment