Friday, October 25, 2013

Friday Things - Running Edition

Running has taken over my life and also this blog as of late. After my big, first half marathon tomorrow, I will write about other things, but for this Friday Things post I decided to devote it to my favorite running items as of late; things I'm coveting. I figure with my birthday and Christmas right around the corner, this list might help some people out (hint, hint Mom and Dad!). 

One:
Runner's World magazine. I've purchased this magazine for the past two months and read it cover-to-cover. I enjoy it so much and find it so helpful. I really think the most logical next step would be a subscription. This might just be a gift to myself soon so I don't need to keep checking Target to see if they get the new one in all the time! The articles are so helpful and inspirational. 


Two:
Runner's World cookbook. I am a cookbook collector, but many of them sadly sit unused since most of my collection is baking and sweets related. From the recipes I've seen online and in the magazine, this would be right up my alley. Hopefully it would help me figure out how to properly fuel my body to become the best runner I can. 


Three:
Pro Compression socks. I have one pair of compression socks and LOVE them. They are amazing for after a long or tough run to help recover quickly. I definitely want another pair. My current ones aren't Pro Compression, but this brand has amazing reviews from other bloggers and I want to give them a try.

You can buy these cuties here

Four:
New running shoes. My hot pink Nike's are going to have to be retired after this half marathon. They've made it past their prime, past the mile mark and are showing wear. My dream is to actually go to the Running Room or another running speciality store to get properly fitted for a running shoe. I want to know what brands, types, etc. I should be wearing based on my feet. I have horrible feet, and any kind of help for a proper fitting shoe would be great!

Five:
Garmin GPS watch. I'm still reading through reviews, but so far this one is my favorite. I want something that I can easily keep track of my pace and mileage on; my phone is just too bulky and complicated to do that, especially when it's in the armband. I'm really trying to improve my pace, and I think a watch like this would be so helpful. Any recommendations in case I decide to get one??


Found at Amazon

Those are just a few of my favorite running related things right now. I have a big list so I'll keep adding as we get closer to the holidays! Please send me good luck vibes as I run my first half marathon tomorrow! I'll post an update on how it goes early next week. Have a great weekend!

Make sure to check out my other posts for the week:
Half Marathon Training: Week Five
Race Day Goals

Thanks Lauren for hosting the High Five for Friday link up!

Until next time~

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on your first half-marathon! Yes, compression socks/garmin gps watch! I would love both also.

    Stopping by from the link-up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for stopping by! I'm hoping some of these items will end up under my Christmas tree! :)

      Delete