Friday, October 11, 2013

Friday Favorites

I haven't blogged all week other than my half marathon training recap Sunday night. Bad blogger! It's just been one of those weeks - traveling for work Monday and Tuesday, been feeling sick the last few days and so worn out, and this morning I have to bring Mercedes in for an emergency trip to the vet. So happy Friday it is! Let's see what good things I can find from this week for the weekly High Five for Friday link-up. There has to be some things!

One:
Sunday I ran 13 miles!! I am so proud of myself for doing it. I now know, 100%, that I can complete my upcoming half marathon at the end of the month. If I did it on my own, race day will be no problem! I was so afraid I wasn't going to be able to do it. Honestly, I loved running on Sunday. The weather was chilly and misty, but everything else lined up - no pain or tightness in my legs, my stomach behaved and I even brought some gels/ fuel with me to help with energy. It was a great run!


Two:
This quote definitely describes Sunday's run ....


Three:
I'm obsessed with all things fall (aren't we all??) and want to make these glitter pumpkins. I probably wouldn't make them into candles since I use Scentsy and not candles, but they'd be cute as just regular pumpkins I think. A trip to the craft store might be in order this weekend!


Four:
Also in store for the weekend? A trip to the Running Room (or similar store). I was really hoping my hot pink Nike's would last through my half marathon, but the bottom treads are so worn and I'm starting to feel the difference in my feet and legs during runs. Time for new shoes! I'm kind of excited to go to a real running store and find the right shoes for me!

Five:
This face I love. I feel so bad that she's hurting right now, but hopefully the vet can easily take care of it this morning!


That's all I have for this week! I hope you had a good week.

Until next time~

1 comment: