Friday, October 4, 2013

Friday Favorites

Happy Friday! Does it feel like fall in your part of the world? Here it's cloudy, windy, chilly and definitely fall-like out, and I'm incredibly grateful it's not snowing like it is in South Dakota! I love fall, and want it to stick around for awhile, not just jump to winter already. 

Here are a few of my favorite things of this week for the weekly link up with Lauren for High Five for Friday ....

One:
The weather was beautiful on Sunday so after my long run, I took Mercedes to the park to play around for awhile. She enjoyed herself!


Two:
I was craving frozen yogurt so much on Sunday and decided to treat myself figuring I earned it after running 12 miles. It was delicious! I just stuck to the vanilla option and topped it with lots of different things (mostly chocolate). Lesson leaned, though, don't use Skittles; they get super hard and hurt your teeth!


Three:
I can't believe how long my hair is getting. This isn't a great picture by any means, but it shows what's necessary. For years, I've had chin length hair cut into a bob, but I decided to grow it out this past year and I'm loving it! I do need a hair cut and maybe some color soon.


Four:
This cooler weather is making me want to go shopping! Here are a few things I'm currently crushing on .... 




Not all worn together, obviously.
I think that my fall/ winter uniform might become leggings/ skinny jeans, a cute top and a scarf. Just sounds and looks so cozy!!

Five:
Isn't this wreath beautiful? I'm so pleased with how it turned out. I love DIY decor!! It's always wonderful to have something a little unique than what you see in the stores.


I hope you had a good week! This weekend I have my longest run yet on the schedule - 13 miles. Whew! I can do it, though; I'll make it! Then, I'll start cutting back a little bit in preparation for my first half marathon - it's coming up so soon!!

Check out my other posts from this week:
Half Marathon Training: Week Two
October and A Lifestyle Change
It's Definitely Not Easy

Until next time~

2 comments:

  1. You just started running this year and now you're busting out 12 miles? Heck yes you deserve some frozen yogurt!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was so good! I love fro-yo!! I think everyone deserves some! :)

      Delete