Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Choosing to Let Go

Today I'm choosing to let some things go simply because they're weighing me down. Each and every day I choose how I feel and I choose to be happy, which means I need to let certain things go ....

I choose to let go of disappoint over my race. 
I need to look on the bright side. I ran a 5k. I finished better than at least two-thirds of the other runners. I did something I wouldn't have even imagined doing a year ago. Disappointment? Gone, and in it's place, pride.



I choose to let go of being a "failure."
This past weekend I was told I was training wrong. That I was never going to get better with the way I'm training. That I needed to push my body to it's max, run until I throw up. That was a crushing blow. I've been doing lots of research regarding how to safely increase my mileage and speed through other bloggers who run marathons and on Runners World website. I'm including advice into my routine and slowly getting better. I'm doing what's best for me and at a pace where I know I won't get injured. I'm not failing. I'm not "doing it wrong." And why would I want to push myself until I throw up? That just sounds awful and a good way to start hating running. 



I choose to let go of people who bring me down.
The drama, the gossip, the negativity, the frustration, the need to impress others - I don't need it. Friends are people who build you up, not tear you down, and those are the people I want in my life ... true friends. I am who I am, and I'm happy with the life I'm building; if other people don't like it or want to judge, go ahead. 



I choose to let go of the guilt surrounding rest days.
I can't keep pushing my body every day; it needs rest. Rest is part of the program!! I need to enjoy those days!



I choose to let go of the pressure of "finding someone."
I believe that the right person will come along when I'm least expecting it and I need to live a life I love. I'm doing that, and I'm happy on my own right now. I'm not going to settle just because everyone thinks I need a partner. I will find someone at the perfect time, and I trust in that. 



Those are the things that I feel as if I need to let go of right now to be my happiest self. We all have things that weigh us down, and sometimes we just need to let go.



What do you need to let go of?
Until next time~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment