Sunday, September 1, 2013

September Goals

Happy September!! Seriously, where did August go? I feel like it just flew by! I'm not ready for fall yet. I'm hoping summer weather sticks around for awhile even though the calendar says September. 

These past few days I've been up at my parents' house. I love spending time with them, my brother and nephew! My dad and I took a four-wheeler ride around their land and I was reminded how beautiful of a place I grew up. I grew up on a farm with around 250 acres of hunting grounds, fields and just serene Minnesota scenery. I'm so lucky to have grown up the way I did with the morals and love my parents gave me!! Thanks, mom and dad; I probably don't say that enough!

This morning I woke up super tired, my legs especially. However, I put on my hot pink Nike's and headed out for a run. I had my "long" run planned for today - 6 miles. Yes, I realize that many people do long runs of 10+ miles; however, six miles is still long for me. I'm working on increasing that mileage though little-by-little! Don't judge, please! Anyway, I didn't know how my legs would handle the run since they felt so tired when I woke up, but about two miles in I hit my stride and easily ran the six miles. The weather was perfect and I felt great after! The tiredness did get worse throughout the day, but luckily it's Sunday so being lazy is perfectly okay!!


Being that it's September 1st, I want to set some goals for the month. I think sharing the goals is important to keeping those goals so here goes ....

1. Write at least three blog posts a week. I need to stop slacking and build this blog!!
2. Continue working on increasing my running mileage along with race speed with longer runs and speed work.
3. Make one new meal or try a new food every week. (I'm in a little bit of a food rut!)
4. Do some craft projects. I want to make some new artwork for my wall and a fall theme wreath.
5. Do Pilates two to three times a week. I love Pilates, but I don't get to it as often as I wish.


I think that's it. I'll probably come up with some more after I post this, but those are good ones to start this goal setting. I'll check in with you at the end of the month to see how I did! Have a safe and happy Labor Day tomorrow! I know for sure I'll be getting out for a run!!

Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment