Friday, September 20, 2013

I Did It!!! And Other Friday Things

I'm so excited to share my number one thing that I'm just going to jump right into this week's High Five for Friday link up ....

One:
I signed up for my first half marathon!!! Woot woot. I have five weeks to train for the Monster Dash on October 26th. Whoever thought I would be excited to run 13.1 miles? Not me! Who am I?? I decided to bite the bullet yesterday and just signed up. Yes, it's scary. It's a long ways to run! But you know what? I can do it!! I heard it's a fun course and my friend Lisa is going to be there to support me (and run the 5k option!) and I even think my parents will come down for it. 


Two:
Motivational quotes like this will become extremely important as I start my training!


Three:
Last weekend I finished up my art project and got some new artwork on my wall. I love DIY artwork! I cut each petal as a heart shape from scrapbook paper and glued them on to the canvas as flowers. I think it turned out so pretty and exactly what the dark corner needed to brighten it!


Four:
The obligatory picture of Mercedes. :) I love how she can't be too far from me at all times!


Five:
I don't know if I should be embarrassed to admit this, but my new favorite running song is Katy Perry's Roar. The lyrics are perfect for getting me going and I just find them inspiring. (And if you want to know, my other favorite running song is Katy Perry's Firework so apparently I really like her songs for working out!)

I got the eye of the tiger, a fighter, dancing through the fire
Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar
Louder, louder than a lion
Cause I am a champion and you’re gonna hear me roar


Now I’m floating like a butterfly
Stinging like a bee I earned my stripes
I went from zero, to my own hero

I hope you all had a wonderful week! Make sure to check out my other posts from this week and please follow me on Twitter @PinkCupcakeRuns!


Until next time~

2 comments:

  1. that is such a great pump-up song! i love listening to motivational songs when i run, even if they might seem a little cheesy! :)

    xo, sarah grace
    www.gracefullymadedesigns.com/blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Motivational songs definitely help get through tough spots in a run! Britney Spears used to my favorite until I turned to the Katy Perry station on Pandora, and they play Britney too!

      Delete