Friday, September 13, 2013

Friday Things

Hello Friday! The sun is shining, it's 42 degrees or something very fall like, and I have a delicious cup of coffee next to me with my homemade coconut coffee creamer. Perfect morning to reflect back on the week and find the good things, the things to be grateful for, for this week's High Five for Friday linkup post.



One:
Scenes from Saturday. I had my 5k race, enjoyed my favorite post-race treat, and hung out with a super clingy Mercedes after. Apparently she doesn't like getting up at 6am! Caribou has been my post-race treat since my second race. Love their lattes and I think it's a good reward after a race!



Two: 
New protein powder. I use protein powder on a daily basis and have tried many different brands from GNC, but haven't been too impressed with anything yet. However, I have heard of the Jay Robb brand quite a bit and found it on sale so decided to try it. I have to say I'm impressed! Amazing flavor, blends well, it's made with stevia and is non-GMO. Definitely my favorite out of everything I've tried! Anyone else use a protein powder they love?



Three:
Camouflage pants. I ordered these from Express on Labor Day during their 40% off sale and finally received them. I was a little apprehensive about them, not sure they're my style, but honestly, I love them. They fit amazingly and are super comfortable. However, I am having issues figuring out what to wear with them. Ideas?? I have a black tank I wore with them, but with fall and winter coming I need more ideas!!



Four:
A start on my DIY artwork. Last weekend I started up a new art project for a bare wall in my house. I had everything already and just needed to cut out the petals. I can't wait to finish it up and share the final with you!



Five:
Motivation wall at the gym. I love that my gym put up a chalkboard motivational wall. I think it's a fun think to share with and inspire each other. (It's hard to read, but my says "falling in love with running and my first 5k race.")



Those are some of the good things of my week. Overall it was a very good week. I'm sleeping well again finally, I got in some good runs and workouts, and have just been enjoying my quiet, calm life. What are you grateful for this week?

Make sure to check out my other posts from this week!
Weekend Recap and Disappointment
Choosing to Let Go

Until next time~

1 comment:

  1. 42 degrees?? So jealous! Congratulations on your 5K! Stopping by from H54F, hope you have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete