Friday, September 6, 2013

Friday Things

Friday! This, as I'm sure many will agree, has felt like such a short week with Monday being a holiday. And I am NOT complaining!! The week has been a relatively busy one with some good things, some frustrating things, but always things to be grateful for so let's link up with Lauren and all the other great bloggers for High Five for Friday!

One:
Last weekend I was able to spend a couple days at my parents' house. It was a wonderful time where I was able to put some things weighing on my mind into perspective, got a bunch of fresh vegetables from their garden, had my first and only s'more of the season and spent time with the most amazing people in my life - my family!



Two:
Have you heard of cotton candy grapes? I've seen them all over Twitter lately and finally caved in and bought some to try. They are a little expensive, but after tasting a few last night they are delicious! The first taste is definitely reminiscent of cotton candy, but then you get the grape flavor. Yummo! Now, don't get scared. There's nothing crazy or artificial going on in making these. They're completely natural and are made just by plant breeding. They do contain more sugar though than regular grapes so they won't be a staple at my house, but worth trying!


Three:
Speaking of sugar, I have a severe sweet tooth. I have reigned it in and no longer eat many things with added sugar. However, my Pinterest board is full of sweetness lately! This is what I'll be eating in my dreams, and ONLY in my dreams ....


Four:
This makes me giggle every time I see it ....


Five:
I feel the need to share this article. Even as a "beginner" runner, I am in love with it and can find myself in the post. I haven't shared a lot about my dating life on this blog as of late because I am truly enjoying time by myself. However, I want to meet a guy who believes these things about me. Here's a snippet, but go read the whole thing!

"Date a girl who runs. Date a girl who chooses to move than to let the world pass her by. She will cover the roads with you while talking about the mundane to the profound without gasping for air. She will notice and appreciate the little things: the extra cushioning of her shoes, the softness of the pavement vs concrete, or how much cooler it is to run 30 minutes earlier in summer.
Take her to a race and be there with her 30 minutes before gun start. You will watch her fret over her gels, and her hydration, and the porta johns. You will laugh because she gives so much importance to running as if it was her entire life. But, you will learn later on that it only shows how passionate she can be about what is important for her.
Hold her jittery hands before you enter the assembly area. She will hope to break her PR at the half marathon, but do not wish her luck; she won’t need it after all the speed work and tempo runs. Instead, show her a reassuring smile that she’ll be fine and that you’ll be proud of her whether she finishes first or 50th." 
I hope you all had a wonderful week! Tomorrow I will be running a 5k race (yay!) which I'm super excited for even though it's supposed to be 90 degrees and humid. It's been fall-like in the mornings here all week until today. So thank you, Mother Nature, for being hot and humid just in time for race day! ;)

Check out my other posts from the week: September Goals and Not a Born Runner!

Until next time~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment