Friday, August 30, 2013

Friday Things

One of my favorite posts when I was writing on a regular basis was High Five for Friday. It was a link up with many other bloggers, and I don't know if it still exists, but I thought I would keep the concept alive at least on here. I love being reminded of the good things for the week!
Update: It does still exist! So I'm linking this post up with Lauren Elizabeth for High Five for Friday. 

1. The Shawn Silvera Memorial 5k Run. I ran only my second 5k ever this past Saturday. There were so many more people than I expected including a women's running club! Although I initially felt disappointed by my race time, I realized that I did improve on my race time and ended up finishing in the top 15%. I guess I can't complain about that! Most of all, I enjoyed racing again!

2. New workout clothes. Doing laundry every three days so I have fresh workout clothes is getting a little old. I had some free time yesterday and went out to the outlet mall by my house to check out the Under Armour store. I picked up two shirts and a pair of capris. I wore the blue one today on my 5 mile run and I loved how cool I felt even with the humidity. The sweat wasn't just trapped like it is with my usual tops! I'm looking forward to trying out the capris and pink tank on my run on Sunday!



3. Favorite new necklace. I love this necklace. Gold and snakes aren't usually my style, but the employee at Express had this on and it looked so cute that I had to have it!



4. Planning out my workouts. I started using my Gmail calendar to plan out my workouts so I know what days to run, lift, etc. and how many miles I'm getting. I really like having scheduled workouts! I know that not every day is going to work out perfectly, but I'm a planner and this is working for me now as I'm trying to increase my mileage. Plus, I love crossing them out once I finish on my calendar! Does anyone have suggestions on a good app/ website to track workouts? Gmail calendar is working, but just curious what other people use!

5. This face. This is my love. With the near 100 degree weather we've been having lately, I had to give her a haircut so she would feel cooler. I think she looks pretty dang cute!



Those are a few of the good things from this week. I can't believe that it's Labor Day weekend already. I'm looking forward to spending some time with family and relaxing! Have a wonderful holiday weekend!

Until next time~

2 comments:

  1. Your little pup is so cute! Love his new hair cut =)
    Stopping by from HF4F linkup!
    Come link up with us today!
    http://thediaryofarealhousewife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. great list! cute necklace actually :)

    have a great weekend!!

    ReplyDelete