Monday, August 26, 2013

Finding My Passion

At age of 32, I think I have found my passion. Surprise, surprise ... it's running! Honestly, I never would have guessed that my passion would become running. But it makes me so happy and is something I truly enjoy doing. Crazy, right??!!


Although running has changed my body a lot, it's not what I love about it. So what do I love about it? Well, many things!

I love that it clears my mind. Melts away the stress, pushes away the worries.
I love that it challenges me.
I love that it makes me want to become better. Better than who? Just myself.
I love that I can inspire others. 


I've done four races so far this summer. Not as many as I would like, but probably a good amount since I just started running in May! I am incredibly proud of myself that I improve on my time (my average pace per mile) each race. I have ran two 5ks, one four mile and one quarter marathon with more scheduled in the next couple of months. Every one was a challenge, and every one was amazingly fun. 

There is a part of me that wants to challenge myself to run a half marathon yet this year. I won't lie, I'm seriously thinking about it. However, there is another part of me that says "you've only been running since MAY! Are you crazy?" I don't know at this point, but I am working on increasing my mileage, along with trying to increase my speed as well for my shorter runs. 

I look in the mirror sometimes and think, "who is this girl?" This girl who loves to run, will go out even in 90 degree weather, who will drive by herself with no support system to a race, who loves presents that have to do with running and would imagine that a great day would include a trip to The Running Room or another shoe store to find the perfect fitting shoes. I would rather get running gear or a subscription to Running World than jewelry for sure! 

One of the best gifts - compression socks!!

Running has become my passion. My hobby. My love. It is my hope to focus my blog more on this passion and inspire others around me. I always tell people: if I can do, you can do it. I look forward to sharing my passion with you!


Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment