Friday, June 28, 2013

Five Things Friday

Happy Friday! This week has been quite a busy one for me with work, and I'm still struggling to move past and let go of some personal heartbreak that it's been a pretty quiet week. The weather has been gorgeous (up until today!) with hot sunshine so I've also been outside as much as possible - I love hot sunny weather; it's helped to improve my depressed mood! Now let's get to the five things for Friday ....


One:
Last night Mercedes and I walked up to the park by my house where they have free live music on Thursdays. The weather was perfect, and I'm trying to get out of the house as much as possible and a free event is the best kind! The band was a country band so I didn't know many of the songs, but they were good. Mercedes behaved the whole time; she didn't bark at any of the other dogs. We'll definitely head up there the next Thursday they have free music. I love that the city does this for the community!

Two:
Yesterday it was so hot, humid and windy that I decided to embrace messy hair! Other than when I'm working out, my hair is always down, but yesterday I attempted a messy braid. And the wind helped it become messier throughout the day! Now if only my hair would grow longer.


Three:
One of my favorite things I've worn this week. Glad I splurged the $18 on this at Target!!


Four:
I've gotten lots of pictures of Mercedes this week. She just makes me feel so much better when I'm feeling down and unloved! She's so cute (and kind of silly looking right after a bath!) and loving.


Five:
Victoria's Secret keeps sending me emails reminding me about their swim sale and I kept looking at this one suit that I thought was super cute. I finally gave into their million emails (dang you VS!!) and ordered it. Honestly, their suits fit amazingly and on sale it was a great price. I can't wait to get it and wear it!


The one bad thing from this week is that I have flight funds (is that what they're called??) with Southwest that expire on July 26th from my cancelled Vegas trip. Now, I know this doesn't sound like an issue, but right now I just don't know if I can afford to take a trip and I don't know where to go. I contacted Southwest and begged them to extend the expiration date (since the website says they're supposed to valid for a year not just a few months) but they won't. Boo. I had every intention of using the funds to go somewhere over July 4th, but sadly that isn't happening anymore. So, my dilemma is just to book a vacation somewhere (where??) and try to afford it or just let the ticket funds go which is a HUGE waste of money. What would you do??

I hope everyone had a good week or at least can find some good in it! Have a wonderful weekend!
Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment