Friday, May 17, 2013

High Five for Friday

I'm baaack!!! I've been MIA for almost two weeks. Not good! I need to become one of those bloggers who plan out posts during the weekend so I can ensure I'll post three to four times a week. I will do my best to be better!

It's Friday!! This week has flown by for me and I can't believe it's already time to link up with Lauren at Lauren Elizabeth for High Five for Friday. Let's get to the highs of my week!


One:
Last Sunday was Mother's Day. I drove up to my parents' house on Friday late afternoon and spent the weekend with them. I had a wonderful time - on Saturday I treated my mom to lunch, we went to the greenhouse and on Sunday we went to church, then my brother, my dad and I all made lunch. Great times! I love my mom!!


Two:
The weather here in Minnesota has definitely been crazy this spring. We actually saw snowflakes on Saturday - brrrr! - and then on Tuesday is was 92 degrees. Told you - crazy! For my snack on Tuesday I made a delicious green smoothie and enjoyed it on my patio in the warm sunshine. I mixed up almond milk, pineapple, strawberries and spinach with vanilla protein powder and ice. Delicious! And it definitely hit the spot on a warm afternoon!


Three:
Yesterday I indulged in some retail therapy. Over-indulged probably! In my defense, I have one pair of jeans that actually fit me and only four tees, no tanks or anything for the upcoming summer. So shopping was a necessity!! And I shopped at the outlet mall so that makes it better, right?? At the Gap I picked up a pair of shorts (originally $44.99 and I paid $16.99!) and a cute hot pink tee. Then I went into the Lucky Brand Jeans store; that's where I got into trouble. I picked up two pairs of skinny jeans (which fit me amazingly!) and two shirts - the white one is kind of boho (a look I love!) and a coral tank (to show off my muscular arms!). I can't wait to wear all my new finds.


Four:
By the way, I can't believe this is my size. I can't believe this is actually a size!


Five:
Last night I finally got out for my first run outside! I have always despised running - I couldn't breathe, I felt like I was going to die, I just hated it. However, my friend Lisa has been helping me find the courage to try it and we went out last night. We just ran about two miles, but I felt as if I could easily do more. 5k here I come!


I hope you all had a great week!
Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment