Sunday, May 19, 2013

Gossip and a 5k

It seems as if I have such an interesting life that I have become the subject of gossip (or have been for quite some time, I guess). Thankfully nothing mean, but gossip is gossip and in a way it's all hurtful. Especially since I feel as if I'm being judged by people I thought could be friends and also that I've trusted the wrong people. I hate gossip. And honestly, I don't live an extremely exciting life so why people are so interested in it is beyond me.


I'm trying not to be bothered by hearing that people are talking about me and judging me. These people don't know my life; they know the little snippets of my life that I share on this blog and on Facebook, but what is on social media is not my whole life. Not even close. For some reason, they need to fill in the holes with stories rather than get to know me or ask me. Yes, I'm quiet, reserved and keep many things private, but I'm also friendly, fun and people pleasing so I would rather people talk to me than talk about me. Wouldn't everyone?

What hurts the most, is what the biggest piece of gossip is regarding. Something that teaches me to be even more careful of who I trust, and I already consider myself as someone slow to trust others. A sad lesson to learn about a friend.

However, I need to let it go, not worry. I know who I am. My closest friends and family know who I am. And that person is amazing. :)


Now, onto the fun of the weekend .... I signed up for my first 5k!! It's on June 15th and I'm so excited for it. I have a few weeks to get ready for it and will start running outside at least a couple of days a week to work up to the 3.1 miles. Honestly, I'm not sure if I'm ready for a 5k. However, I also know that if I don't have a goal I might not ever do it. So I found a race in my town and just registered without too much thought. I set a goal. A date I need to be ready by. No excuses. I know I can do it!! I've lived my whole life being the opposite of an athlete and I'm proving to myself that I can be an athlete. I can be a runner. So if you're going to gossip about me, gossip about that!!

Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment