Friday, April 5, 2013

High Five for Friday

Happy Friday! The sun is shining, temps are finally starting to creep above freezing and most of the snow has melted. Thank goodness! I was ready to run away to somewhere warm and never return. I might still plan on doing that before next winter (I'll come back and visit, no worries, Mom!), but at least I feel better now about living in Minnesota; for a few months at least! :D

This week has been a typical week. Let's see what I can come up with for the weekly linkup with Lauren for High Five for Friday ....

One:
Easter was on Sunday. I spent the weekend up at my parents' house. On Sunday, we did the typical church, big delicious dinner and just spent the day together as a family. I made these cute chick deviled eggs for Easter dinner.

Two:
I finally found some Quest bars. My friend and co-worker told me about these amazing protein bars awhile ago and I've been wanting to try them. I picked up every flavor the store carried. I love how low sugar they are (1 gram!) especially compared to other protein bars, and that I know what all the ingredients are in them. Next week I'll be traveling for work so these will be great to have along for the trip when everyone else is eating fast food! I'm still on the search for the cookie dough one to try it.

Three:
How cute are these flats? I found them at DSW and just love the bright colors. I think flats look great with skinny jeans and can't wait to wear them! I just hope they don't hurt my feet; I have the worst feet in the world.

Four:
Mercedes has found her new favorite toy. Such a cutie!

Five:
Yesterday I had a great workout. I challenged myself to run as much as possible. I logged 3.8 miles on the treadmill and ran most of that with some short walk breaks. It felt amazing! I followed that up with arm weights. I'm so excited to see definition in my body; weight training is doing it's job.

I hope you all had a good week! Please check out my other post from this week: Food Noise.

Until next time~

4 comments:

  1. I hate eggs but those are seriously the cutest things ever! And oh my gosh, I definitely have to try those Quest bars! I've heard of them, but finding out they have so little sugar has me 100% sold!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Quest bars taste good, too! I just found the cookie dough one yesterday and it helps me with my cravings for cookies! I bought a bunch of different flavors to try since I just found them. GNC has them buy 3 get 1 free so if you have a GNC by you check them out!

      Delete
  2. 1. I saw deviled eggs done that way for the first time this Easter at my in-laws - adorable!
    2. Your dog is precious! I have a small white pup too, they are the sweetest!

    Happy Friday!

    Tiffany
    www.asplendidoccasion.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Small white dogs are the best!! :)

      Delete