Sunday, April 21, 2013

A Bragging Post and Being Perfectly Beautiful

Lately I've been really down on myself and my progress with my body. Many of my posts discuss how I'm struggling or not happy with something with my body. So, this is the post that I put all that negative talk behind me and do a little bragging. I need to stop hating on my body and picking apart my flaws, and celebrate the progress I've made. I've made an amazing transformation over this past year and I am proud of it


Let the bragging begin!

I used to not wear tank tops because I was ashamed of my arms. They were just so flabby and big. You know that underarm flab women complain about? Yeah, I had that plus more. But now? I have pure muscle tone in my arms. 


How amazing is that? 
I can't wait to see how they continue to build up as I continue to lift weights. I've been increasing my weights and reps over the past couple of weeks and I can see more progress. I can even start to see definition without flexing now. I'm so proud of these muscles!


I'm working on other parts of my body as well and learning to love them. Although some parts, like my stomach, take some work - physically and mentally - for me to accept and love. Don't get me wrong, I am happy with where my stomach is compared to where it was, but I want more definition, more flatness. However, I decided to be brave and show a picture of where I am right now. I can't believe that I'm doing this!!!


By looking at this picture, I realize that my stomach is pretty dang flat. I don't know why I obsess over it so much and hate on myself for what it looks like. I think that's even some definition starting in there! I know Pilates, lots of planks and working with the stability ball at the gym will continue to build the definition and a strong core. But I could probably rock a bikini now! (Holy buckets, that's HUGE progress for me saying that!)

So thanks for letting me brag! I think we all need to stop body bashing and learn to love our bodies. Especially when we work so hard for them. I love working out and I love the way it's changing my body after I've lost the weight. Lifting weights is such a self-esteem booster for me and I'm excited to keep challenging myself with it. 

Don't forget to brag about your progress or what you love about your body. It definitely helps to stop the body bashing and learn to accept your body as it is - which is perfectly beautiful.

Until next time~ 

1 comment:

  1. That's awesome! It's such a hard thing to look at yourself and see the progress.

    ReplyDelete