Tuesday, March 19, 2013

Struggling

I've been pretty quiet on the blog for awhile. Not because I don't have post ideas, but because my mood has been down since Friday. I've been struggling with some personal issues, some self-esteem issues, food issues, and that combined just brings me down and makes me feel as if I'm struggling. I don't like to write blog posts when I'm feeling down because I feel like that mood is reflected in what I'm writing and I do not want anyone else to feel that as well.

Today has been a better day though. Last night I went to bed with this thought in my mind: 
I need to let go of the things I can't control. Worrying about them does not solve the issues, but takes away the joy of today. Let it go, don't obsess, what will be will be.

Repeating that thought helped. I was able to sleep last night and today I don't feel as if I'm struggling quite so much. It's amazing that just a mantra can actually help so much! I hope to get back into my fitness and health blogging tomorrow. I need to completely let go of what is weighing me down and what is causing my personal struggles so I can focus on my health and fitness again without obsessing, without worrying and just enjoy life again. 

Does anyone else use mantras to get over personal struggles? 


Until next time~

1 comment:

  1. I can do all things through Christ who is my strength.

    ReplyDelete