Monday, March 25, 2013

My Weekend Recap and How Dairy Hates Me

Happy Monday lovelies! 

I hope everyone had a wonderful weekend. Mine was pretty quiet and calm, but I'm okay with that. Sometimes I wish I had a partner to go out with on a Friday night, but most of the time I'm just fine with my calm, single life. It won't always be like this. Right??

Saturday I woke up with a tired, sore body and I decided that it would be a rest day. I drank my coffee while watching The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills (don't judge!), made my oatmeal and got ready for the day. I went to Target to buy coffee and other groceries, came back home and found myself antsy in the late afternoon. So what did I do? Went to the gym! I took it easy on the cardio and did an incline "hike" for 35 minutes, followed by abs and leg exercises. After, my body felt refreshed and the antsy feeling went away so I know the gym was the right answer!


Sunday was my actual day off from the gym. I went six days last week and I know I have to give my body rest. I spent the morning cleaning because my mom was on her way to spend a couple of days here and I can't have a dirty house! My mom got here in the early afternoon and we talked through some issues I'm having with my weight and food, then went back to Target (good thing it's my favorite store!) and ended the night making some delicious, healthy fish tacos for dinner. 

My mom is here until tomorrow so today we're going to go shopping for a little bit. My closet is getting very thin in clothing options so we'll see if I can find anything that I love and need today. 

One thing I realized this weekend is that I have a dairy sensitivity. Now, I was actually diagnosed with this when I was younger, but I either thought it was something I grew out of or I became really good at ignoring it (I mean, I HAD to have my ice cream!!). However, now that I've changed my eating habits and am "listening" to my body more, I realize that it can NOT handle a lot of dairy. This is going to be hard on me. I love having cottage cheese or eggs with my salad for lunch. I love having greek yogurt as a snack. And most of all, I LOVE cheese!!! I need to figure out how to balance my dairy intake though so I don't feel sick the next day. I'm not giving it up entirely, just will start being extremely careful about how much I consume a day. I don't think I can live without cheese!

Alright, time to get this day started with breakfast, the gym and then some shopping! Have a great Monday!

Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment