Friday, March 8, 2013

High Five for Friday

This has been an incredibly long week. Monday was the one year anniversary of Rod's death and I've felt anxious, restless and agitated all week trying not to think about it, but still being affected by it emotionally. I've felt very much alone this week and sadly haven't done anything exciting. However, it's Friday; the end of this long week. My parents are coming for the weekend to celebrate my mom's birthday and things will be get better!

And because it's Friday, it's time to link up with Lauren for High Five for Friday ...


One:
I am obsessed with these looks. I want both of these outfits in my closet ASAP for summer! I've tried to find the one on the left, but haven't been able to track it down - boo.

Pinned here and here

Two:
I made my own coffee creamer this week. I used coconut milk, stevia, honey and vanilla extract. I don't love it nearly as much as my Natural Bliss Vanilla Creamer, but it was nice to try and cut out some sugar. It needs some work though!


Three:
I treated myself to Caribou Coffee on Monday regardless of my vow to cut out sugar. I barely slept on Sunday night and after powering through my workout I need a pick-me-up. Caribou definitely helped!


Four:
I've seriously been craving ice cream, but rather than indulging I made this instead. I made a few substitutions by using all natural no sugar added peanut butter, stevia and just a little bit of honey, but in the end it tasted delicious and helped those ice cream cravings go away for the day.


Five:
I'm a huge Mumford & Sons fan and one of my favorite songs is After the Storm. The lyrics just touch my soul today.


Check out my other posts from this week: Motivational Monday: My Personal Motivation and Homemade Coffee Creamer

Until next time~

1 comment:

  1. Hi Kristine - I read your blog but don't usually comment but I wanted to let you know that you are in my thoughts during this difficult time.

    I love reading your blog and hope you have a wonderful weekend xo

    ReplyDelete