Friday, March 15, 2013

High Five for Friday

It's another snowy Friday. When is spring ever going to come? Yes, I know ... I live in Minnesota. I should be used to it; it shouldn't bother me. But I want warm weather! I want the snow to melt, not add more to what we already have!! I despise winter. 

Enough whining, thanks for letting me get that out of my system! Let's move on to this week's linkup with Lauren at From My Grey Desk for High Five for Friday ....


One:
Last weekend my parents were in town to celebrate my mom's birthday. I love spending time with them! We did a little shopping at Target, I wore a bikini for the first time in forever (eeek!) to use the hot tub at their hotel and we went out for a delicious dinner at Rockwoods. They brought us the yummiest cake ever to wish my mom a happy birthday. I don't know if it just is that yummy or if it tasted so good because I haven't had cake in so long! Also, I got to spend some time with this guy ...


Two:
I've seen so many pins on Pinterest about making ice cream from bananas and peanut butter that I finally decided to try it. The result? It's delicious! I used a frozen banana, all natural peanut butter, some vanilla protein powder and vanilla extract. Mixed them all up in my blender, and ice cream happened! I topped it with one of my protein energy bites for a little bit of chocolate flavor. Definitely will be making it again (and again, and again)!


Three:
After a couple of attempts and hours of internet research, I finally found a homemade coffee creamer I love and can replace the store bought, sugar heavy one I usually use. I found it here. It's creamy, has a great vanilla cinnamon flavor and actually "sweetens" my coffee enough for my sweet tooth! Watch next week for a blog post!

Four:
Isn't she a cutie??


Five:
I went to Target yesterday to buy coffee, coconut oil and some fruit and veggies when I walked past the flower section and spotted these. I couldn't resist. How beautiful are they?? 


So that was my week in highlights. If you have time, check out my other blog post from this week: A Thin Line Between Healthy and Obsessive. I'm starting to worry that I'm not just being healthy, but obsessing over everything I eat, how I eat, how many calories I should eat, etc. and I could use some advice!

Until next time~

1 comment:

  1. I love love love the peanut butter banana "ice cream." Definitely a favorite treat!

    ReplyDelete