Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Weight Loss Update

Today I stepped on the scale and couldn't believe the number I saw. I had to step on it again ... 128 pounds. I have lost 40 pounds total since April. Unbelievable to me! I am just three pounds away from my goal weight of 125. Even though I still feel as if I have many, many pounds to go.

So what have I been doing to keep losing the weight? Many people have asked me that lately. I started off this weight loss adventure by just going to the gym and eating healthy. It worked and the weight slowly started coming off. Then, I switched to Isagenix. Which also worked well for me, but I just couldn't afford to keep using it and honestly I missed eating real food! Now, I'm back to just eating healthy and five days a week at the gym.

I am probably the most boring eater there is. I eat the same things all the time. Why? Well, partly because it's easier for me to control my calories and fat intake, but also because cooking for one is a little bit of a challenge! I start every day off with oatmeal topped with fruit and a little bit of brown sugar (after my one cup of coffee of course!). For lunch, I always have a salad. I eat snacks throughout the day when I'm hungry - fruit, string cheese or some graham crackers. For dinner, I basically eat what I want. Lately my options include turkey tacos, chicken burrito bowl, chicken tortilla soup, migas, chicken and veggies or something similar. (Apparently I eat a lot of chicken. And like Tex-Mex.) I always make sure to load up on the vegetables, but don't deny myself something if I want it (like Buffalo Wild Wings!). I stay away from processed foods as much as possible, don't eat much sugar and have a very limited carb intake. But I don't feel deprived and I don't feel as if I'm "dieting." In fact, this weekend I had a slice of Cold Stone ice cream cake!

However, I still don't feel as if I'm thin. I still feel like the size 12 me, not the new size 2 me. I struggle so much with this perception of myself. I want to look in the mirror and see thin, sexy and beautiful, but I still can't. I want to be able to wear a bikini on my birthday vacation (because I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed that this still happens!), but I can't imagine putting this body in a bikini. How do I get past this negative perception of myself?? Seriously, I need advice!


Until next time~

1 comment:

  1. My advice... Get rid of the mirror if all you see is a negative reflection... 128lbs is a healthy number. If you lose much more, you won't look healthy. You can't get much smaller than a size 2... and why would you want to?? There is such a thing as looking "too skinny" . Embrace your body image and celebrate your accomplishments and new size, but don't let weigh loss over consume your life. Be proud!! You've done a great job! ;)

    ReplyDelete