Tuesday, October 30, 2012

On the Cusp

"You know what's scary? Making a big life change. Know what's even scarier? Regret."

Life changes are incredibly terrifying. Getting married, getting divorced, having a baby, moving across country or some tragic event that takes a loved one away from you. All of those are huge life changes that scare you and test you. However, if you don't take chances to change your life, you could always live with regret. Regret that can eat you alive and always make you wonder "what if?" 

My big life change this year was forced on me. I remember thinking back in February that I wanted my life to be different. I could picture my future in my mind and I knew that things would have to change to make that happen. And then, tragedy struck. I only had one logical choice - I picked myself up and moved on. I have zero regrets of the decisions I have made since March and am happy where my life has led me thus far.

However, I feel as if I'm on the cusp of another big life change. This time, I'm ready for it; ready for whatever life brings. I am strong enough to handle anything and am confident enough to face the world on my own. I am ready to make the change and not run away with fear. I no longer want to have regrets. This is my life and I'm living it for myself now. 
Bring it on life!!




No comments:

Post a Comment