Friday, October 19, 2012

High Five for Friday

Welcome back Friday! This week has felt long. By the time Tuesday came around I felt as if it should have been Thursday. That's not a good sign! But I survived and now it's time to link up with Lauren for the weekly High Five for Friday ...


One:
Sunday I spent my day painting pumpkins I got the last time I was at my parents' house. My parents had a huge vegetable garden this year and they planted a bunch of pumpkins. Somehow I ended up with five of them (too many for me!) and I gave two of them to Amber and painted the other three. I wanted them to be different, not exactly Halloween-ey, so I did polka dots, a solid metallic color and stripes. They turned out super cute!


Two:
I stumbled on this article on Thought Catalog yesterday, When Will You Be Ready To Be Loved?". This article is amazingly written and many things I think about myself are reflected in it. "Believing that you are worthy and deserving of love, or that the act itself is even possible, is certainly something that we come to terms with slowly over a lifetime." 


Three:
For the first time ever, I tried a pumpkin spice latte from Starbucks. I rarely frequent Starbucks; however, everyone raves about these pumpkin spice lattes on my Twitter feed. Almost daily someone posts something about how delicious they are so I finally tried one. The verdict? Yummy!


Four:
One of my favorite artists is Joshua Radin. I just LOVE his music. I first heard of him from the Ellen Degeneres Show and have since bought most of his music on iTunes. This new song was performed last week and I can't stop listening to it. Beautiful!



Five:
And from sweetly romantic to this ... my lovely friend Amber has had some neighbor trouble this week (ah, the joys of living in townhomes!) and I stumbled upon this quote that I found fitting in the situation!


Hope you all had a wonderful week!
Until next time~

5 comments:

  1. love love love your pumpkins.. so fun!!


    annalizbeth.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. omg I did pumpkin painting this week too, but yours look DARLINGGGGG!!!! Love the polka dots girlie!

    xo, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  3. Um..your pumpkins are absolutely adorable. Might just have to steal your cute idea ;)
    <3, Cai
    www.caidailyrant.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the polka dot pumpkin! Super cute!
    Happy weekend! :)
    http://dixie-n-dottie.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete