Friday, October 5, 2012

High Five for Friday

You know what makes a week not any fun at all? A cold. I came down with a cold on Monday and I've been dragging all week. Wednesday is the only day I felt relatively well, and that only lasted until the night when I went to bed and couldn't stop coughing. I severely dislike colds!

But, it's Friday. Which means it's time to link up with Lauren at From My Grey Desk and many other great bloggers for High Five for Friday ....


One:
Saturday I went to my first Oktoberfest! (Maybe this is where I caught my cold??) My friend Lisa and I went to the restaurant Gasthof in Minneapolis. They put up a bunch of tents outside and serve beer (of course) and German food. Honestly, I skipped the food and just partook in the beer! It was a blast and I definitely want to go again.


Two:
Fall is my favorite season. If I'm ever lucky enough to move away from Minnesota (somewhere where winter doesn't really exist!), I will always make sure to come back home during the fall season so I can see the beautiful fall colors. 


Three:
Tuesday I had to go to Target to get cold medicine since I found that pretty much all my medicine from last year was expired. Well, as you know you can't just go into Target for one thing, I ended up picking up this super cute sweatshirt for less than $20. It's pink, stripey and super soft. Love!


Four:
One of the best feelings when you're 31 is when people guess your age to be significantly lower. While at Oktoberfest we met a couple of guys and eventually we started talking about how old we all were. Rather than answering, I asked "how old do you think I am?" And the guy said "you can't be any older than 25." Awesome ... I'll take it! (And I did not correct him!)

Five:
Being sick with a cold means I have very little energy. Amazingly I've made it to the gym every day this week, but otherwise all I want to do is curl up on my bed. So I'm looking forward to reading this new book I bought. I love chick-lit and Emily Giffin is one of my favorite authors. The first few chapters are good and I can't wait to dive into it!


Until next time~

3 comments:

  1. I really like that sweatshirt, I will have to try and find it!

    Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that sweatshirt you got from Target! Super cute. Might have to make a stop in there this weekend.

    I also really love Emily Giffin's books. I read Heart of the Matter and it's good! I want to read her newest one - Where We Belong. Have you read that one yet?

    Hope you feel better (colds are NO fun!) and get to enjoy your weekend a bit!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That book is on my list to read too, but I have just been too darn busy since it came out. You will have to let me know how the rest of it is. And I love the sweatshirt, cute but comfy!

    ReplyDelete