Monday, October 8, 2012

Closure

Yesterday was the day we buried Rod's ashes. He finally is laid to rest after seven months. To me, this ceremony brought closure and was my final goodbye. Goodbye to Rod, our life together and our marriage. I needed this to completely say goodbye to the past and now am ready to keep moving on to my new future.

I feared the day was going to be sad. I didn't want to get pulled back into those first couple of tough months of feelings. However, I have a great friend who helped me sort through my feelings ahead of time and I felt prepared for the day. This event meant something different for me than for his family, and knowing that ahead of time helped me face the day with a smile on my face. I think Rod would be happy knowing that I said goodbye to him smiling.




No comments:

Post a Comment