Monday, September 24, 2012

I Am Not a Tree

I saw this on Pinterest the other day ...


Lately I haven't been feeling very content in my life. I'm finally getting to a place of happiness and loving myself, but I'm not content with other areas of my life. But is life really that simple where if you don't like where you are, you can just change it? Maybe it is. Maybe I'm too scared to realize it. Maybe I focus too much on the worrying about what could go wrong. But I'm also scared to continue to stay in this same place, to stay this same person for too long.

I want to live a great life, not a maybe life. At the end of the day, I don't want to constantly answer the question of what I did by saying, "nothing exciting." I want my days to be exciting. To be full of hope and accomplishing dreams. 

I want to be in love. Not a complicated, not really sure how to define it, but I think I love you kind of love. But amazing, passionate, fulfilling love. No doubts, no regrets. And I think the only way I'm going to find that is if I continue to change. To prove that I'm worth the risk, I'm worth the fight, I'm worth loving. Because guess what? I AM.

So how do I get from where I am today to where I want to be? How do I begin this journey to what's next in my life??

2 comments:

  1. Amen Kris! GO FOR IT! (especially if it means moving out towards me ;) )

    ReplyDelete
  2. Or, or, or...staying in Minnesota and talking to Lis on Facebook, email and phone! Sorry Lis but I had too! :)

    ReplyDelete