Friday, September 28, 2012

High Five for Friday

Friday .... This week has been a very uneventful one full of some personal struggles and stress. I have done nothing other than work, go to the gym, take the dogs for long walks and run a few errands. I have spent a grand total of $15 ... no, wait, I had to put gas in my car ... $35 and that was just on food (and the gas!). Finding five things for this week's High Five for Friday is going to be a struggle!


One:
Ice cream has been on my "forbidden list" since April. I indulged in frozen yogurt a month ago, but I've stayed far, far away from Cold Stone ... my enemy and my best friend. However, this past weekend I finally decided to treat myself to some ice cream. I was supposed to get ice cream a couple of weekends ago so I could share it with someone and not feel so guilty about eating it, but we just ran out of time. So I was on my own. I got my favorite, cake batter with Kit Kats and caramel topping mixed in, and took three days to eat it all. It was delicious!


Two:
This week was actually a good week to have a quiet week and spend the nights in - new fall premieres on a bunch of my favorite shows! I'm so happy to have How I Met Your Mother, The Big Bang Theory, Parenthood and Switched at Birth back, but I am thrilled to have New Girl and Grey's Anatomy back - I love those! Grey's of course made me cry, and New Girl never fails to make me laugh.



Three:
Speaking of TV, last night The Last Song was on ABC Family. I've seen the movie before and, as usual with Nicholas Sparks novel based movies, it always makes me cry. (What was with all the crying yesterday?? Stupid TV!) However, a few weeks ago I pinned this on Pinterest and it really makes me want to read the book. I'm guessing the book is much better than the movie, and I just love this quote. I love how the main theme in Nicholas Sparks books is that true love never fails.


Four:
Earlier this week I went into my local grocery store and, I swear, spent five minutes just staring at the Halloween candy. Last year at this time I would be buying candy like crazy, and thanks to the personal stress, I desperately wanted candy. (I'm obviously a stress sweet eater!) But, this is the good part, I did not buy any! I have lost 37 pounds, and candy is not worth it for me anymore!

Five:
I'm starting to think about a birthday vacation again. I've mentioned going away during my birthday as an original reward goal to losing weight, but that idea got pushed to the side. I have ideas of where I would want to go, but going on vacation alone scares the crap out of me. However, my birthdays over the last few years have been disappointing occasions and I want this year to be great. Plus, it's fun to daydream about where I would want to go!

So that's it for this week. Not the most exciting week ever, but at least it wasn't horrible, just quiet. Hope you all had a good week!

Until next time~

2 comments:

  1. mmmmmm cold stone is my favorite! :)

    happy friday!

    xo, sarah grace

    ReplyDelete
  2. cold stone and new girl..oh yes!!


    Have a wonderful week!

    -nichollvincent.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete