Friday, September 21, 2012

High Five for Friday

This week has just flown by and it's Friday already!! Right? It is Friday already?? 

Time to link up with Lauren at From My Grey Desk Blog and many other great bloggers for High Five for Friday. What were my highlights of this past week? Let's see ...


One:
I had an amazing weekend; one of the best. I could probably fill all five highlights with events from the weekend it was that good! One of the things I did over the weekend was go to the Twins game. They definitely got their butts kicked so that wasn't the highlight, but our seats were so close to the field you could see everything and I finally was able to get a picture with the mascot!

We sat in the third row back - awesome!

I just love this picture!

Two:
I took the plunge and picked up some tall boots. Which means that I also had to buy some super skinny jeans so the knees wouldn't bunch up all strange when wearing them. The ones in this picture are jeggings from American Eagle. Who ever would have thought I'd wear jeggings? Not me!! What do you think?? I think this might become my new fall uniform!

Sweater - Gap, Tank - Kohls, Jeans - AE, Boots - DSW

Three:
Over these last few months I've slowly been throwing clothes that no longer fit into a pile into the spare closet. Yesterday I decided to take it a step further and purge through my whole closet. This is the overflowing tote of clothes that are too big for me. It is a lot of clothes! Honestly, I don't have much left in my closet right now! I don't know whether to laugh or cry.


Four:
Fall has definitely arrived here in Minnesota. I decided to celebrate by picking up one of my favorite fall/ winter drinks from Caribou - the Hot Apple Blast. Try it if you haven't! Starbucks also has a version of it.


Five:
My dogs usually embarrass the crap out of me when people come over to my house. They bark, they growl, they jump, they're crazy. Lucky is good at making friends with most people eventually, but Mercedes, on the other hand, hates everyone pretty much. This weekend they surprised me by being relatively calm when a friend stopped by and even became friends. I was so surprised! All hope is not lost!!

They just look cute & innocent!

Until next time~

4 comments:

  1. Wow, I need your motivation to clean out my whole closet. I have a bag next to mine that has been filling up over the past couple of weeks. Have you heard the hanger trick? Turn all your hangers backwards on the rod and if it still backwards after the end of that season (or however long you give it) you get rid of it. I am going to try it for fall!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the Fall boots with jeggins! I LOVE Fall because I get to pull out my boots :)

    lifemedschoolwife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally need to clean out my closet! It's packed to the brim!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love tall boots! It's still a little warm in HOuston for them, but I'm already scoutting out a new pair for the season.

    ReplyDelete