Monday, August 6, 2012

What a Girl Wants

Venturing back out into the dating world is a scary thing. At least for me it is. It's stepping out of my comfort zone. Putting myself out there. Facing the possibility of rejection. And there's the whole issue of meeting some weirdo. Which I think is inevitable. 

I thought it would be fun to check out Match.com to see what's available in my dating pool of single men in my area. Have you ever looked at the profiles on there? Hilarious!! And also kind of scary if those are the only guys I have to choose. From the names guys can come come up with to the number of cliches in their story, I didn't see too many prospects. I'm sure the good guys are out there, but I'm not sure I'm ready to weed through online dating profiles yet!

But it got me thinking. What do I want in a date/ potential boyfriend? What are my standards??

Well, let's see ... 

I want a non smoker. I want him to be healthy and fit (wanting to work out with me would be great!). Must love dogs (or at least tolerate mine). Be ambitious and not lazy. Financially stable. Doesn't live his mother. Likes to travel and explore new places. Loves to go out and have fun, but also loves nights staying in and cuddling on the couch with a good movie. Should be well groomed (you know, showers daily, brushes his teeth, gets hair cuts, etc.). Likes sports and going to sporting events. He has to make me laugh. Ask questions about me and really get to know me. Share things about his own life, goals and dreams.

But I also want things you can't tell from a dating profile. 
I want a guy to bring me flowers. To tell me that I'm beautiful, and makes me feel like I'm beautiful. I want a guy who challenges me - to try new things, to branch out and fights for things that are important to him. He needs to understand that my family is very important to me. He needs to like doing things together, but also lets me have my independence. I want a guy to take charge of a date rather than making me make the plans. Cook me breakfast in the morning. Bring me ice cream when I'm having a bad day. Stand up for me. I want a guy to take care of me for a change. I want to be treated as a priority, not an option. 

I might have a long list of standards. And I'm okay with that. I know I am a little high maintenance and I need to meet someone who is okay with that. I just want to find someone that treats me as amazing as I will treat him. I don't think that's too much to ask.


Until next time~

2 comments:

  1. Kristine, I have stumbled across your blog by random coincidence, but congratulations on knowing exactly what you want in a man! (Your list is very similar to my own). Good Luck in the Dating World - it is a scary place!! xx

    ReplyDelete