Friday, August 24, 2012

High Five for Friday

This week has flown by and I am surprised it's Friday already. I feel like I'm about a day behind and constantly playing catch up this week, but if the calendar says it's Friday, then it's Friday!

Before I get into my weekly link up with Lauren at From My Grey Desk for High Five for Friday, let me digress a little bit and talk about how I always seem to fall for/ pick the wrong men. Maybe not the wrong men, just the wrong timing. No matter how great the guy, or how great we could be together, in the end there is something always wrong with the timing. Seriously, when is the timing going to work out?? Ughhh ... I'm just so frustrated with this timing issue. Dear Universe, please help me get the timing right!

Anyway, on to the highlights of my week ... Washington edition!


One:
Seeing Seattle. I've taken some great trips for work and even on my own. My favorite place I've ever been has been San Francisco, but I was super excited to fly out to Seattle. More excited than I've been in a long time for a trip. And it didn't disappoint. I loved seeing Mount Rainier in the distance, the Space Needle and just the beauty of Washington. 

Washington is so beautiful!

Two:
Catching up with old friends. This week has been a fun week for me because I've been able to reconnect with two people from high school, including one of my best friends from those years. Elisabeth (Annie) lives in Seattle now and I haven't been able to see her in years, but I was lucky enough to get Tuesday evening free and she took me out to dinner and to see parts of Seattle. I loved seeing her and it was definitely the highlight of my trip!

Fun times!

Three:
A cute bartender. On Tuesday, I had an hour to kill before Elisabeth showed up so I sat down at the bar at the Radisson and had a local beer. When I got my receipt I noticed the cutest thing on it. Seeing it definitely made me smile and the bartender got a good tip from me!

How cute??!

Four:
Tuesday night. Tuesday was just an amazing night. We went out to eat at The Crab Pot right on the ocean and had the most delicious crab. We rode on the huge ferris wheel right on the pier and had a beautiful view of the Seattle skyline. I got to feel like I had a mini-vacation, and I definitely needed it!

Perfect way to see Seattle.

Five:
The view on the plane. I was so happy to get a window seat on the plane. Although I would have preferred a window seat flying in, flying out was pretty as well. How beautiful is this?? I love Minnesota, don't get me wrong, but I'm jealous of people who get to see gorgeous mountains like this every day.

Beautiful.

I hope you had a good week as well. I'm hoping next week I'll get the chance to post a few blog posts. I'll be back out in Washington again, and things get busy, internet connection is spotty and sometimes you just have to unplug and enjoy the scenery, but I'll try!

Until next time~

3 comments:

  1. I love Seattle and WA in general... I just hate the weather... it's just like here in Oregon... not enough sunshine!

    But when you have good friends there to visit as you did, it's ALL worth it!

    Happy Friday! xo, Bev

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those clouds and that mountain in the background look beautiful.

    Stopping by from H54F.

    ReplyDelete
  3. washington greenery is gorgeous!

    Happy Sunday! Drop by nichollvincent.blogspot.com and say hello!

    ReplyDelete