Monday, July 30, 2012

Most of All, I Am Happy

August 4th will be the five month mark since I lost my husband. Five months since the hardest day of my life. In the darkest of days, I had to say goodbye to the man who had stood by my side for the past six years. The man who took care of me and loved me with all my flaws.

Rarely does anyone ask me how I'm doing anymore. I think of that as a good sign. That I look as if I'm doing well. Because I am. I have faced things these past five months that have shaped me into a person that is very different from the person I was a year ago. 
I am strong. 
I am brave. 
I am independent. 
I stand up for myself. 
And most of all, I am happy.


Rod will forever be a part of me, a part of my heart. I will never forget him or "get over" the tragic way our relationship ended, but I have moved on. I have started creating a life that I live for just me. A life that continues to make me happy every day. 

Although my heart is fragile, I am putting myself out there again. Dating. Being hopeful about the good things that are yet to come. Looking forward to the next chapter of my life, and being thankful for my past.

Until next time~

1 comment:

  1. I am happy you are happy ...good things are still to come. You are right - Happiness is a journey!

    ReplyDelete