Friday, July 13, 2012

High Five for Friday

Finally it is Friday!! 
This week has seemed to last forever. I'm thinking it's because I'm waiting in anticipation to actually take a vacation. Other than when my husband passed, I haven't actually taken a vacation since starting my job quite a few years ago. And I'm pretty sure that doesn't count as a vacation. I wish I were going somewhere super exciting and fun, but I'm still excited to have a mini-vacation.

Friday also means it's time to link up with Lauren and From My Grey Desk for High Five for Friday. Let's find some fun things that happened this week ...


One:
Last Saturday was a great day. I spent the afternoon and evening with Amber just having fun and having a girls day. We went and saw Magic Mike (yes, the male stripper movie!), went shopping where I bought a pretty dress for dinner this coming Sunday night and we went out for drinks that night. I even stayed up way past my bedtime since I didn't get home until after 1am! It was just a good, fun-filled day.


Two:
Remember how excited I was to buy new shorts from American Eagle? Yeah, I had to go and exchange those for a smaller size!!! How exciting! I now fit into a size six from there. Crazy!

Three:
I love all things girly including makeup. Growing up I used to spend all my allowance on makeup. Lately though I realized I've gotten into a rut. I own about 10 different eyeshadows and they're all browns and pinks. Boring!! So, I decided I needed to spice it up a little bit. Try something a little daring. While at Ulta, the salesgirl helped me pick out this super cool Urban Decay eyeshadow palette. I'm looking forward to trying out all the colors and breaking out of my brown rut!

How cute is this packaging??

Four:
This might seem like an odd "high" for the week, but bear with me. This week I donated all of Rod's clothes, shoes and other things. I scheduled for a pick up from the Vietnam Veteran's of America so I just could leave the boxes outside for them to come get. Yes, it was sad to see it all go. But, I feel so much better now that it's out of my garage. I'm not looking at boxes of his stuff every time I go into the garage. It's a big step!

Five:
And saving the best for last, I finally went to the salon and got fresh highlights and a small trim. Jenny Lea, my amazing stylist, decided to take me a little blonder with adding lots of highlights. I love it!! I'm happy that the red from last summer is almost all out of my hair now. And just cutting off a half inch helps my hair look and feel healthier, which is always good since I'm growing it out.


Well, that was my week. It was a good, busy week and I'm happy that it's almost vacation time!!

Until next time~

2 comments:

  1. Your hair looks really cute and that took a lot of strength to donate his clothes.

    Found you through the link up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. how was magic mike? ;) everyone is talking about it but i haven't watched it yet!
    i came from h54f and am now a new follower. i hope you can visit my blog sometime and we can interact. i'd love to know more about you. :)

    love,
    jen @ whyyyjen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete