Friday, July 6, 2012

High Five for Friday

It's Friday for real today? The whole holiday in the middle of the week sure has thrown me off this week. But if it's the end of the week already, I'll take it! 

Fridays mean a link up party with Lauren over at From My Grey Desk for High Five for Friday. I love looking through my week and finding the highlights of my week ... even if they seem little. It's important to be grateful for those little things too!


One:
My baby girl turned seven on Monday!! She got spoiled throughout the day with lots of treats including a spoonful of peanut butter - her favorite. 

How adorable is she??

Two: 
The 4th of July wasn't super exciting for me. The 4th of any month is still very difficult for me with so many memories of Rod, but I tried to stay upbeat throughout the day. My original plan was to take the dogs to a park and explore, but with temps in the triple digits and humidity, we just stayed home in the air conditioning. I went out with my lovely neighbors for dinner at Buffalo Wild Wings and even indulged in some ice cream. I had a mini Mint Oreo Blizzard - yum!

Three:
Speaking of ice cream, look what I found - Cold Stone coffee creamer!! I've seen the commercials for it, but haven't been able to find it anywhere. While reaching for my normal all natural vanilla creamer, I spotted it at Target so I snatched it up. I tried it today and it's pretty good. But how awesome would cake batter flavor be???


Four:
I've lost 21 pounds since April. Whoo-hoo! I'm slowly starting to gain self-confidence. I really did not like how I looked before and just felt ugly all the time. Working out, eating right and losing weight are helping me get to the point of thinking I look okay; sometimes even {almost} pretty.

Five:
And, thanks to the self-confidence I'm gaining, I went out and bought some new clothes including shorts and a tank since it's so hot. I figured that if I kept wearing clothes that were too big on me, I would constantly feel big and not see my body where it's at now. 

Shorts & tank are from American Eagle.

So, that's it for my week. I hope you all had a good weekend and remember to be thankful for all the good things in your life!

Until next time~

5 comments:

  1. You look awesome and your summer outfit is cute too! YOu are too pretty to be feeling insecure. Go and take the world by storm!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristine, what a great week ! You look amazing! I have never heard of Isagenix. Is that exclusive to your area? I am interested in learning more....would you mind emailing me with everything I always wanted to know, but was afraid to ask on the product?
    Thanks,
    Sylvia
    sylvia.wheat@yahoo.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. What kind of dog do you have? She is too cute. I know nothing abotu dogs but she reminds me a little bit of my mom's toy poodle. so cute! Just found your blog and have loved getting to know you better! I'm excited to follow along!

    new follower :)
    bonnie
    bonnielouisa.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for finding me! She is a maltese/shih tzu mix. And I have another dog who is a Cockapoo.

      Delete