Wednesday, July 25, 2012

30 Day Blog Challenge Fail: The End

I've decided I don't like the 30 Day Blog Challenge. It bores me. Who wants to write or read a boring blog? Not me! Based on posts that are viewed the most, it seems as if the posts where I'm completely honest and exploring things such as my weight loss "obsession" are more popular anyway. I've kind of decided that I'll focus more on those type of posts. 

However, this is one challenge that I was really looking forward to, plus you get to learn new things about me!

Write 15 interesting facts about yourself.

1. The loves of my life are two very furry, kind of stinky (sometimes), but never resist a cuddle. I can always count on them sticking by my side and their endless love.  Yes, they're my dogs!

2. I learned how to read when I was 3 years old. My grandma used to have those Fun with Dick and Jane books and I learned how to read off those. I think she helped shape me into the nerd I am as I still love to read!

3. I have three tattoos. I would like to get one more. I know what I want, but I don't know where. Plus, it's been awhile since I had a tattoo and I'm not looking forward to experiencing that pain again!

4. My most treasured item is a Cabbage Patch doll I've had since I was a little girl. My parents got him for me in the height of the Cabbage Patch doll craze for Christmas, and I have taken him everywhere with me. As a kid, he was with me all the time from trips and sleepovers to doctor visits. And now as a grown up, he still sits in my office. He is an African American doll and I called him Jeffrey, although after trying to search for him, I think his real name is Rubin. Don't know why I called him Jeffrey!

5. I used to always say my favorite flower is a daisy. BUT, over the years, I have added to that list and will now say my favorite flowers are daisies, hydrangeas, sunflowers and hot pink carnations. I can't just pick one anymore!

6. I have one nephew, Garrett, who I think is the greatest kid in the world.

7. I have one brother, Travis, who is two years older than I am. I loved growing up with an older brother. Not only because it meant there were hot, older boys around when I was a teenager, but I loved that he protected me from meanies.

8. My parents are my role models. I love how they worked hard on a farm to give my brother and I a great life, and continue to support and love us as adults. 

9. I haven't traveled nearly as much as I want to, and I have many places on my "must visit" list. The best place I've ever been to though was San Francisco.

10. I have a scar on the back of my right leg from having a mole removed. The doctor had to cut a rather large incision in my leg to completely remove it, and then it got infected. When I went to Urgent Care, the lovely non-English speaking doctor didn't seem to care too much that it was splitting. Then, it got infected again and at that point it was too late to do anything other than take care of the infection so I could walk again. Now, I'm left with an ugly scar.

11. I love watching trashy reality TV. After I watch it, I can usually say, "at least my life isn't that bad."

12. I am a complete girly-girl. I love all things pink, I love flowers, sparkles, make up, doing my hair and fashion. Girly-girl to the core.

13. I would say I'm a little high maintenance. ;o)

14. I have been proposed to twice. Although the first one probably doesn't count since he did it the first night he met me!

15. This year I have found out that I am stronger and braver than I ever thought I was. And that makes me proud. 

I hope you enjoyed getting to know 15 things about me. Hopefully some of them were new to you and that you found them interesting!

Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment