Thursday, July 19, 2012

30 Day Blog Challenge: Day 1

I feel as if I'm at an impasse right now with this blog. I love writing and expressing my feelings through the blog, but I'm not sure what direction I want the blog to take anymore. I started the blog to share baking adventures because I love to bake, but that changed this year with the passing of my husband. I started to use the blog as an outlet for expressing my grief and dealing with the challenges of moving on. But now, four and a half months later, I'm over the worst and am only looking toward the future. I don't really bake any more so going back to that is not an option. Plus, there are so many baking blogs out there that I just can't compete in all the noise. 

So, while I sort out the direction of the blog - fashion, beauty, dating as a widow, any ideas?? - I'm going to start a 30 Day Blog Challenge. It will be good to challenge myself to write pretty much daily and maybe it will help format the upcoming content. I'm looking forward to this, and I hope you enjoy getting to know me a little bit better!

Here are the details:



Let's get started!
Day 1: Discuss your current relationship.

Well, it's not complicated - I just don't have one. I was married up until the beginning on March and now I'm a widow ... single again. I'm not dating, but I'm ready. I can officially say that. I am ready for a date!! It feels good just to say that!

Now the challenge comes to finding someone to date. How do you meet people now?? I work from home so at work is not an option. The guys at my gym are either way older or younger, or married. I guess I could let people set me up or try Internet dating. Scary!!

I think I'm going to be a very picky dater. I have a list. Wonder if I'll find someone who makes all the checks on that list??


I hope you enjoyed my first challenge post! Come back tomorrow for a new challenge. And if you're interested in joining the challenge, let me know and I can figure out how to add links to the bottom and we can have a link party! Or let me know if you know of one already started and I'll join that one.

Until next time~

3 comments:

  1. Dating can be both scary and exciting and I give you a lot of credit for admitting that you are ready to start. I can't imagine how difficult it must've been to get to that point. My fiance and I actually met on the internet so I guess I am biased in that regard. It gives you the opportunity to meet people that you wouldn't necessarily meet otherwise and you have the control to choose who you want to talk to or actually meet in person. Of course, you will come across your share of weirdos but that is bound to happen regardles. Best of luck in your dating venture!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Amber! Good to hear that internet dating can have a happy ending. I'm just scared of only finding the weirdos!

      Delete
  2. hi.... just found your blog, the challenges, its been about 2 years here in the internet.... can i like do it now??? 2014 i mean??

    ReplyDelete