Wednesday, June 13, 2012

The Power of Isagenix

I have this co-worker, Carrie, that sells a product called Isagenix. She kept posting things on Facebook about people who were on it that would lose seven or more pounds on a nine day cleanse. Honestly, I thought it was either a scam or an over-exaggeration. No way could you lose seven pounds in nine days!! 

For about five weeks I watched her post success stories until I finally started asking questions ...
Do you really not eat for nine days? (You do eat!)
Is the weight loss real weight or just water weight? (Real weight!)
How does it taste? (Surprisingly good - I liked the shakes and cleanse, the snacks were just okay.)
Can I drink coffee? (It's not part of the plan, but I do have a cup of coffee some days.)

Carrie did great answering all of my questions and being really patient with me as I debated back and forth on spending the money to try it. Finally, after doing lots of research on the Isagenix website and the Internet, I decided to try it. I figured the cost of trying it was worth it if it was going to help me not only lose weight, but also feel healthier.

So, I'm sure you're asking, what is Isagenix? Isagenix is a line of products that work to provide simple dietary solutions based on science to help you lose weight, and then maintain that healthy body weight. They have many products including shakes, cleanses, vitamins, snacks, chocolate - too many to list! And they all work together to help you become a healthier version of yourself. 

I chose to do the 9 day cleanse that Carrie was constantly selling. With the package, I got the shake mixture, two bottles of cleanse, snacks and the Natural Accelerator. It was a lot!

All the products that came with the 9 day cleanse.

The 9 day cleanse works like this: (It's really 11 days - why is not called the 11 day cleanse??)
  • Start with two pre-cleanse days where you replace two meals with the shakes, then eat a balanced 400-600 calorie meal. You also take two accelerators during these days, along with a snack.
  • Then, you do two cleanse days days back to back where you drink the cleanse liquid 4 times a day, with the snacks they provide three times a day and two accelerators. 
  • After you're dying to eat, you have five shake days just like the pre-cleanse days.
  • Finally, you do two more cleanse days back to back just like the first two.

I'm not going to lie, those cleanse days are tough, but somehow you make it through by reaching out for support and remembering the good that the cleanse is doing ...

This is what the website has to say about the cleanse: "Cleanse for Life helps give your body the nutrition it needs to cleanse itself naturally, and unlike other “cleanses,” laxatives or diuretics that can deplete your body, Cleanse for Life nourishes and feeds your whole body with vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and botanicals." 

Of course, since you're not eating anything other than these tiny little wafers for snacks, you get hungry. The first two cleanse days were the worst for me. All I wanted was a pizza. But, after I made it through them, I really felt more energized. And I was so happy to eat the next day!! (And I did not have pizza!) I also had headaches and body aches, but after doing some research, I found that those are some side effects due to the toxins releasing. And nothing horrible, just normal aches. Advil took care of those.

The shake days for me were amazing. The shakes taste surprisingly good (much better than Slim Fast) and fill you up so you don't feel hungry. I also love the convenience of the shakes. So much easier than making so much meals for just me.

I did have a hard time eating such a big meal, especially since they advise you to eat it for lunch. I like small lunches - just a salad. So I was forcing myself to eat and would lose energy by the time I went to the gym after work. I started splitting my meal into two smaller meals and that really helped keep my energy up. I have one shake in the morning for breakfast, a small salad at lunch, my second shake as a snack in the afternoon, and a light dinner. It keeps my energy up and also keeps from getting super hungry after the gym. I track my calories on an iPad app to make sure I don't go over the 400-600 calories a day. 

In the end, when I took my measurements, I lost 7 pounds and 14.5 inches. In 11 days. Whoo-hoo!!

I still have more weight to lose so I'm going to continue using Isagenix. It is a product that I now believe in and would encourage others who want to lose weight a healthy way to try it as well. This time around I just ordered the shake mixture and cleanse liquid. I'm going to keep doing the two shakes a day, and just one cleanse day a week. I also still have the Natural Accelerator and snacks leftover so I'll continue to use those as well. Honestly, the cost isn't a big deal for me. I would spend about the same amount on groceries anyway, so I just use part of my monthly grocery budget for Isagenix now.

So, if I've convinced you to try a weight loss product that is working for me, please check out the link below. I can get you in touch with Carrie and she would be happy to help you out! And I might even start to sell it soon!

Seriously, if you want to lose weight the healthy way - look into it!! 


**This is NOT a sponsored post. I bought the product on my own for my own personal use. Isagenix has no idea who I am.

1 comment:

  1. This is such an interesting blog. You are very knowledgeable about this subject. Please check out my site.
    Isagenix Australia

    ReplyDelete