Thursday, June 21, 2012

Motivation

Do you ever struggle with keeping up with your healthy eating plan and making to the gym or getting in a good workout? Sometimes I find it so hard to keep up with my new lifestyle. It's so easy to fall back into all my old, unhealthy habits. 

So, where do you find the motivation to keep it up? 

Here are a few of my favorite motivation tools ...

One: Visualize how you want to look. 
Yes, this really works for me! Although I'll never come close to looking like a Victoria's Secret model, they do provide great inspiration! I also picked out a few things that I want to be able to wear and feel pretty in, and use the visualization trick of how I'll look in the outfits.

I'm buying this once I reach my goal weight! From Anthropologie.

Two: Have a goal. 
I'm not just talking about a weight goal; I'm talking about something much bigger. My goal is to take a vacation this November and wear a bikini while I'm sitting either poolside or by the beach. This also plays nicely into my visualization trick!


Three: Use social media. 
I do this two ways - one, I post how I'm doing with my healthy habits on Facebook and Twitter to share with my friends and family. They are always great with helping motivate me and share in my successes! And two, I follow companies/ websites on Twitter that provide tips, tricks and general motivation. Two of my favorite are Fab Fit Fun run by Guiliana Rancic and Lauren Conrad. Both sites provide healthy eating solutions and fun challenges to join, along with great beauty and fashion tips (things I love!).

 Four: Indulge in moderation.
If you've been craving some ice cream or a cupcake, then treat yourself to ice cream or a cupcake. If you're eating healthy and working out regularly, you're not going to gain any weight from one cupcake or a serving of ice cream. Just remember that moderation is key - don't indulge daily!

Five: Switch up your routine.
If you're tired of the same old routine at the gym, then put on your walking shoes and explore the park by your house. Or take a swim instead. Or try this 100 workout I found on Lauren Conrad's website. It's killer!!


Those are just a few ways I stay motivated. How about you? Share how you stay motivated in the comments!

Until next time~

No comments:

Post a Comment