Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Getting to a Healthier Me with Isagenix

Much of this might be repeat if you read my blog on a regular basis, but I was asked to give a review of Isagenix products with my weight loss story and I thought I would share it here as well.

My journey to a healthier me began this past March. On March 4th I lost my husband to an unexpected heart attack in our home. He had just celebrated his 40th birthday the month prior. In dealing with all of this, I started to rethink the way we were living our lives - the constant baked goods, the ice cream and constant eating out - and wondering if we would have ate differently and lived a more healthy lifestyle, he would still be with me today. And, although I can't change what happened, I can change things for me. I can be healthier.

I started out my journey by changing to healthy foods - salads every day, lots of fruit - and I joined a gym. At about the same time, one of my co-workers, Carrie, started posting things on Facebook about Isagenix. She would post stories of people who were losing seven to ten pounds on a 9 day cleanse. Honestly, I was very skeptical and thought it might be a scam. No way could someone lose that much weight in nine days!

Carrie kept posting success stories, and, since I was struggling with cutting calories AND getting proper nutrition, I sat down with her at work meeting and asked her a bunch of questions about Isagenix. Although still skeptical, I was intrigued. I thought maybe this is what I needed to help with my weight loss and get proper nutrition. I had lost nine pounds previously, but I would feel hungry often and had a hard time eating the right foods. So, after lots of research, I ordered the 9 day cleanse.

The cleanse started quite well. The first two days were pre-cleanse days, and I really enjoyed the taste of the vanilla shakes, and I never felt hungry those first few days. The next two days were deep cleanse days - back-to-back days of the Cleanse for Life liquid only with some Isagenix snacks. These days were tough for me. I had a horrible headache, body aches, I craved pizza and I had little energy. However, I managed to power through it. And, on that next shake day, I did feel amazing. Lighter, somehow.

The next five days were shake days. The only issue I had on those days was having to eat a 400 to 600 calorie meal for lunch. I'm not much of a big lunch eater! So I started to break up my calories for the day with a small salad for lunch, and a small, well-balanced dinner. I had the shake as my snack before I went to the gym. This really seemed to help, and also provided me with extra energy at the gym. 

The last two days of the 9 day cleanse were those cleanse days again. This time they went by easier, but were still tough. At least I didn't have the pizza cravings or headache, but I still didn't have much energy. I just kept myself focused on all the good the cleanse was doing to my body - getting rid of the toxins - and I made it through.

In the end, I lost seven pounds while doing the 9 day cleanse and a total of 14.5 inches throughout my body. The best part is that I feel healthier, I have more energy (no more 2pm slowdown!) and I don't have cravings for sugar or fatty foods. 

I still have 15 to 20 more pounds to lose to reach my goal so I am continuing with Isagenix since I now do believe that it works. I'm still doing two shakes a day, and will be doing one cleanse day a week. I'm so happy that I found something that is helping me not only lose weight, but also get the healthy nutrients I need!

This is not a sponsored post. I bought the product on my own to help me lose weight. Isagenix does not know how I am.

2 comments:

  1. Great success story, Kristine! Keep it up. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the Isagenix shakes (the vanilla one is the best). I load it with crushed ice and sometimes a banana. Me and my wife have 'em daily. Good luck on your journey!

    ReplyDelete