Friday, April 6, 2012

High Five for Friday

Photobucket

It's Friday, which means another link up with Lauren at From My Grey Desk for High Five for Friday. It's been a rough week - this week was the one month mark since I lost my husband  - so I think it's a good time to reflect on the positives of the week.

1. I finally went to see "The Lorax" last Sunday. It was so cute and I loved it! My good friend Amber and I went, and I am so glad we did. I wish trees looked like that in real life! And did they make anyone else think of cotton candy??


2. I put in a new Scentsy order this week. I seriously love this stuff. My husband relentlessly teased me about my addiction to it. I have warmers in both bedrooms, and one in our downstairs area. I love buying new scents to try. This time I ordered the Heartfelt warmer that donates it's proceeds to the American Heart Association (seemed fitting with everything that has happened) and six new scents. I'll share next week with what they look like!

3. We've had beautiful early spring weather here in Minnesota and I've been taking advantage of the warmer, sunny days by taking long walks with the dogs every day. It's nice getting out of the house, clearing my head and getting some much needed exercise.

4. This past Wednesday marked exactly one month since I lost my husband. In his memory, I decided that I wanted to go out to eat at his favorite restaurant. I thought it would be nice to get out and do something that day rather than stay at home and be sad. Amber and I went out to Buffalo Wild Wings (Rod's favorite!) and had a nice time remembering my love.

5. My dogs have been instrumental in me getting out of the house and having happy moments during this very sad time. Here are a few of my favorite photos of them lately ...
Mercedes being shy.
Lucky watching me work.
I hope everyone had a (relatively) good week, and can find time to be thankful for the small things in life.
"Unless someone like you cares a whole awful lot, nothing is going to get better. It's not."
Dr. Seuss, The Lorax

1 comment: