Thursday, March 29, 2012

Memories of Us

The video below is snapshots of my life with Rod over the last six years. The pastor helped me put it together so it would play along with our song, Making Memories of Us, by Keith Urban during the funeral service. To me, this video is beautiful, a representation of our life together, and brings back so many memories ....

Our Wedding ... I've said this before, and I'll say it many times again: our wedding was a perfect day. That day I woke up feeling incredibly happy. I had no stress, no qualms, just joy. I think our wedding was the most beautiful wedding I've ever attended. (I might be a little biased, of course!) I don't remember anything going wrong, I just remember happiness, tears of joy and saying "I Do" to the man I love. I remember dancing to Making Memories of Us and thinking that I was incredibly lucky to have married a man who loved me more than anything in the world.

Our Honeymoon ... We spent our honeymoon in a cottage along Lake Superior in Bayfield, WI. It might not have been the tropical destination I had dreamed of, but it was a great location. We spent our days sightseeing and playing in the water. We were able to bring our two dogs with us and it was the perfect start to our life as a family.

Trips to the Zoo ...  Rod and I loved going to the zoo. We tried to go every summer or fall. We've been to both the Minnesota Zoo and Como Zoo. One year we spent our anniversary at the zoo, and it was a fun way to celebrate such a special day.

NASCAR ... Rod tried so hard to make me a fan of NASCAR. It was his obsession. I would watch the occasional race with him, and he even got me to wear a Dale Jr. hat! Our house even is decorated with NASCAR diecast cars. Now it's hard for me to watch a race without thinking of him.

Family ... Family is very important to me, and also to Rod. We are so blessed to have amazing families - our parents, siblings and extended relatives. Rod and I started our family with Daisy, then added Mercedes, and finally Lucky. Along the way, we sadly lost Daisy, but in the end had a wonderful family of with the two of us and our two furry babies.

video

I have so many wonderful memories that I will keep on sharing, and I hope you keep on reading!

I don't think this video works on an iPad (no video showed on my iPad at least), so here's the link to the YouTube video: Memories of Rod. Hopefully now anyone who wants to view it can!

3 comments:

  1. How Beautiful! I am so glad you shared this video.

    -Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a wonderful celebration of life! Thanks for sharing the video. I'm one of Rod's Highschool classmates and we also were confirmed together at Shepherd of the Hills. Rod was a great guy... I'm sorry for your loss.

    Rich Harmer
    MVHS Class of '90

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a beautiful video. Thank you for sharing it with us. <3

    ReplyDelete