This week has been such a struggle, and I don't think I have five things to be grateful for this week. However, right now I need to find some good things in my life, spots of sunshine in the sadness. So, here are my top five things from this week ...
1. I finished my thank you notes and got the last ones in the mail. I had so, so many to write. Thank goodness Rod's sister volunteered to write some to their family as well otherwise I'd probably still be writing! I'm sure I forgot someone, and if it was you, I'm sorry!
2. I had a fun work outing this week ... I got to go "shopping" at the Coach Outlet! Okay, I didn't actually do any shopping, but I did get to go do research at the store and look at all the pretty purses! I was a good girl though and didn't buy anything. Although I did find a pair of sunglasses I really wanted, but couldn't justify spending $69 on a pair when I already have numerous pairs of sunglasses.
3. While out researching Coach purses, I allowed myself to stop at one other store - the Loft outlet and picked up two tops for spring/ summer. This is my favorite. I love the color, I love the style, the ruffle, I can't wait to wear it!
4. I bought new curtains for the kitchen. Previously our curtains were this reddish color with a gold stripe. They were bought to match the old red paint, and were pretty thick and heavy. I wanted to switch out the curtains for something lighter and found these at Target. They're gray and white and match perfectly with the gray walls. But I think I need to pick up two more panels to get the look I like on the sliding glass doors.
5. The support I've been receiving from my friends, family and even people I barely know has been amazing. I am so thankful for every one of you who has stopped by this blog to read posts about my life with my husband, or wrote kind words on Facebook page, and especially to those who have called, emailed or sent a text to check up on me. I don't know how I would survive this without people who care about me and people who cared about Rod. Please keep checking in with me as the weeks go on. Thank you!