Monday, February 21, 2011

Seven Things I've Learned Today

1. Embrace 50 degree days in February to their full potential. Run outside in a t-shirt. Wear a sundress and flip flops. Drive with the sunroof wide open. Because just a few days later Mother Nature will surely dump over a foot of snow on you. And also turn bitterly cold again. You will then forget that spring is just around the corner and go back into hibernation.

2. Even though these faces are incredibly cute and mos
t of the time I just want to cuddle their furry bodies, they can be very annoying when Mother Nature is dumping over a foot of snow on you and no one can escape the house. Taking them for a walk is not an option so they are constantly under my feet. But I still love them (although today I constantly have to remind myself of that).
3. I think becoming a one car family might be a ridiculous idea to save money. I realize that only having one car will most likely not affect my husband who will drive it every day. No wonder he agreed to it so quickly. However, I will be the only one affected by it. I will never be able to escape without a car. I can not run to the grocery store if I need eggs or milk. Or run up to Pier 1 because I feel the need for a new candle or pillow. If you only
have one car in your family, how do you survive??

4. I miss having dinner with my husband. We recently joined a gym (which is a GREAT thing, don't get me wrong). However, he chooses to work out after work. He works until 7 p.m., then goes to workout and doesn't get home until 8:30 p.m. or 9 p.m. So once again we never eat dinner together.


5. Buying a new car was fun. But I've only been able to drive it for 20 minutes so I have no clue how it drives or all of it's features (see reasons 1 and 3 why I'm not driving it). It sure is pretty though!!

6. I want an iPhone. But only for it's camera capabilities. My Blackberry takes horrible pictures that I'm embarrassed to put anywhere. However, for the sake of proving that, all of these pictures were taken with my phone with only slight editing in iPhoto.

7. If all else fails to make me happy, give me some chocolate! This weekend I made strawberry cake bites. They taste kind of like a chocolate covered strawberry. Happiness might be achieved today if I just keep eating those!

1 comment:

  1. I hear ya on the whole gym thing! My fiance works out after work too and it can be a real bummer!

    Thanks so much for sharing your link on the My Baking Addiction Facebook page!

    -Jamie

    ReplyDelete