Thursday, January 20, 2011

Unhappiness

Warning: This is not a baking post. It does not contain cute or yummy looking pictures. In fact, maybe it's because of baking that I'm in this mess! Consider yourself warned ....

I took pictures of my husband and I over the Christmas holiday and I can't bear to download them. I can't stand how chubby I look in those pictures! I've spent so much time baking and decorating that I guess I've forgotten to take care of myself. And now, I'm paying for it and hating the way I look.
I was hoping it was just a phase, but these last few days I hate looking in the mirror. And mirrors are kind of avoidable. At least in my life. You know since they're in both bedrooms and bathrooms. So, chubby me = unhappy me.

So, what's next? I know I need to work out. And eat those fruits and veggies more often! I've been eating so unhealthy the past few months. I don't buy myself anything to make for lunch so I end up eating a couple of cookies and an orange, or another bowl of cereal. Then I'm starving by dinner and end up pigging out. Now is the time to get it under control!! But I don't do diets. I love food too much.

There's a gym just a few minutes from my house. Thinking about checking out the fees to join that. I know I won't stay true to working out to video tapes so maybe if I'm paying for a membership I'll feel like I have to go and then it will just become habit. It's too cold to go for a walk daily so tomorrow I will FOR SURE go to the gym and inquire about membership. Hopefully I can afford it!!

I know I need to do something about being unhappy with myself. Only I can change how I look!! I love to cook and bake so I need to find a way to balance all of that with the healthy things in life.

1 comment:

  1. Kris - check out sparkpeople.com. Great site if you have the time to use it. Lots of motivation and accountability there...

    ReplyDelete